Advice on MVMCP-Not sure about what day to go?

P

pnelson

I realize this is repetitive but I'm a little thrown off my "schedule". When we've done MVMCP in the past, we've always gone on a nonpark day. Usually we've already been to MK earlier in our trip, we rest during the day, and then when we go at night, we just hit our ride "highlights" and watch some shows. Well, my MK day was going to be Tuesday and I thought I would do the party on Thursday. Now I'm thinking it would be better to do the party on Tuesday. Do you think that would be too long a day if we started around 9-10 o'clock in the morning and stayed for the party? Is it early entry that day? We could go for early entry, then come back, rest and then go back to the park???

The other concern is we may have a 2 year old with us, so will definitely have to plan on a break if we do one long day.

Do you think it would be better to go to MK on Tuesday and then do the party on Thursday?? I wonder if it would be that much more crowded on Thursday than Tuesday!!!

I know, it's a long post!!!

I would go on Tuesday - but that's just in case you get rain like we did last year. We went twice during our trip last December....the first on our first night and my husband talked me into not taking my camera because we could take pictures the 2nd party we had tickets to. The second party though it rained and rained and rained and rained. In case you didn't understand it RAINED:D It was a miserable night and we toughed it out for a couple of hours but the parade was cancelled and special performances (Jump5 was supposed to perform and I was heartbroken when it got cancelled) and the shows. So my point is if you go to the first one - if something like that happens you may be able to get tickets to the party later in the week if it isn't sold out - they did allow people to do that. My point is if we only had planned on going to one party and it had been the party that rained like that I would have contributed to the flooding with all my tears.

We faced the same question. Ultimately, I decided to do MVMCP on the day we arrive. We arrive on a Sunday. This will give us 3 alternate opportunities during our stay to see MVMCP in case of really icky wet weather. This also prevents the use of a whole day admission to MK when we will be perfectly content to play from 6-midnight. Mickey

I usually do a different park on the MVMCP day and I also leave that park early enough to relax for awhile.

With a 2 year old it would be pretty tough to be at MK all day and then all night.

Both Tues and Thurs are good choices but like the other poster said what if it rains? Maybe they would switch you from Tues to Thurs if that happened.

Originally posted by WDWorBUST
The second party though it rained and rained and rained and rained. In case you didn't understand it RAINED:D It was a miserable night and we toughed it out for a couple of hours but the parade was cancelled and special performances

If you're talking about last year we were there that night also. It rained and rained and rained and rained and rained and rained and rained and rained....oh, you already said that didn't you.

steve

I agree with Mickysaver. We are going the first time it is offered after our arrival date which is Sunday Nov 30th so that if the weather is bad that still gives us several days to switch to if we need to. Hopefully nice weather will shine for all of us this year:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter