Advice on March Crowds

mamadonna

Earning My Ears
I can't believe that we are going in March? But we are. I guess better to go in March then not at all.

My question, for those who have gone in March. How do you best avoid the crowds. I know there will be cheerleaders, I assume they will be busy during the day and their presence will be felt mostly at night in the hippest places. (Probably not at American Adventure or Living with the Land LOL)

We will use fast pass, early entry, and e-night. Were also staying at the POLY for better transportation and guessing the cheerleaders won't be there. Then theres the sping break issue.

How did you survive. What do you recommend? Any pitfalls to avoid?

Just wanted to get my name on the 'reply' list... we are going to do the Spring Break thing also in mid march, and any advice is very welcome...

;)

We are head to WDW March 23rd-28th. This will be our first spring break at Disney. Well, with the exception of 2 days a few years ago. I was hoping to get information on park hours. I just can't remember if it was open late or not. It probably won't matter much we are traveling with 15 yo, 12 yo, twin 7 yo and a 3 year old.

Can't wait to see you all there

Around page 4 or something of this board there is a list of a lot of spring breaks. Most are from mid February to the beginning of March and throught April through Easter. The last 2 weeks of March were pretty empty.

With Easter being April 20 this year, I think Disney will be at it's Spring Break peak from April 12 through April 27.

I'm hoping that means that those of us going in March will get some crowd relief. Will all rides be "walk ons"? I doubt it. But I also doubt we'll be faced with horrendous crowds or ridiculously long lines. I think with some good planning, it'll be quite enjoyable.

We were there last year during our local college spring break week (third week of March) and the crowds were not bad until Sunday which was the Sunday before Easter Sunday. The lines were horrible and there were so many people that it was hard to walk and keep track of the kids. I swore I'd never go during Easter week after that! During the week I don't think we ever waited longer than 30 minutes at the most for any ride. THe weather was great too!

This year Easter is later, so I'm hoping the crowds are thin and I''m hoping of more weather like last year!!!

have been going to WDW in march since 97 and haven't found the crowds all that bad until last yr!
We were the the week and half before Easter and as Easter Grew closer the crowds did too!!!missed riding some of the "bigger named rides becasue of this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter