Advice on December

katie86

Earning My Ears
Thank goodness i found these boards :yay: i know nothing about disney land in paris at all but my daughter sees it on TV and screams that she must go...Secretly i fancy going too! I really don't know where to start though we were thinking of making the trip in December for the christmas celebrations but are worried about the weather are most things outdoors and would they be closed if weather is bad? Do they do much for christmas, i mean is it any different from other times of the year? Also what date in December do the christmas 'celebrations' start? Is it best to book through disney website? Sorry for all the questions i'm just lost :confused3

Thank goodness i found these boards :yay: i know nothing about disney land in paris at all but my daughter sees it on TV and screams that she must go...Secretly i fancy going too! I really don't know where to start though we were thinking of making the trip in December for the christmas celebrations but are worried about the weather are most things outdoors and would they be closed if weather is bad? Do they do much for christmas, i mean is it any different from other times of the year? Also what date in December do the christmas 'celebrations' start? Is it best to book through disney website? Sorry for all the questions i'm just lost :confused3

Firstly, :welcome:

Right, I haven't been to DLRP at Christmas personally, but there are loads of threads on this board that should help you!

The one thing about before Christmas is that it is very busy... January is normally quieter. Some attractions (Only a few mind) are closed in the winter because of the weather. The actual parks are decorated very much in a Christmassy style, and some of the characters, from what I have seen, wear Christmas outfits!

Sorry I can't be more help. I'm sure there'll be a queue of people waiting to help you out!! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

:welcome:

We went in dec 2006 and loved it! I'd say book if you can as Xmas is probably the best season to go... Evarything is soooo magical!

Its cold but bearable. We were fine with a few layers on, a 4 year old and 3 months old baby...

Going back in Dec!:banana:

Christmas at DLRP is absolutely stunning.

The parks and hotels are all decorated beautifully, and there are many different shows and attractions in addition to the ones which are usual for DLRP at other times of the year.

We had a very reasonable trip price-wise in mid-November 07 (Christmas season at DLRP actually starts around 10th November) but we missed some of the special Christmas stuff, as it doesn't get into full swing until 1st December. But if you plan for that first week (unless there are French/European holidays I'm not aware of?), midweek, you should still get a decent price. As you get into the school Christmas holiday period, yes, it does get more and more expensive.

But its truly a magical experience, Christmas season at DLRP :love: :love:

Elaine

Thanks for the replies, sounds promising! Yeah we have looked at prices for 18th -21st December its just shy of £700 for the three of us, half board in one of the basic hotels. That doesn't include transport but i still thought it was a reasonable price? Just need to find a way there and back. We were going to fly there as we are going from northern ireland but returning to england to spend christmas and new year with family so it should be eventful try to sort that out :rolleyes1 When you book on the disney site and book a disney hotel does this include entry to the disney park? Is it just like a themepark similar to portaventura etc? Sorry i just really don't have a clue :rotfl: Just trying to get an idea of what it is actually like.

Hi,

Yes, if you book your hotel on the Disney site, your park tickets are included for the whole duration of your stay.

DLRP has 2 parks, plus the Village area, plus the onsite hotels.

Your park tickets include entrance to the parks, all the rides, all the shows, the only things it doesn't include is the arcade games, the shooting gallery, and your food and drinks.

As well as reading up here, you should also read everything you can on the DLRP Magic site -

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/

There are some great tips, video links etc on there too.

You're going to be busy :lmao: !

Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter