Advice on DAS / FP / rider swap

bdarling

Mouseketeer
My party will be two adults, my 22yo son who is severely disabled with trach and feeding tube and cannot leave his wheelchair, and an adult man with Autism who my friend is caregiver for. We are going to ask for 2 DAS, with all of us on both. This is because my DS will not be riding things unless he can remain in the chair. The other two will ride some things while we wait, so need a separate DAS.

My question is this. My friend and the adult man will use the DAS for a ride like Flight of Passage. I will remain with my son and walk around, snack, etc while waiting. If we talked to a CM at the start, would I be eligible for a rider swap? If so, and the Autistic man wants to ride again, I could take him. IMO it is not just the height and age of the non rider, but also if they can’t wait or do something else alone.

If this is not allowed, I will get a FP to use to ride when they return. This is probably safest way to go, but wondering about anyone’s experience.

I have seen it go both ways some times they do a switch inside the ride for kids too tall but to scars or can not ride. When they do this you all wait in line together and switch after the ride. Since there are two with the DAS ( maybe ) in your group you would be going though the FP line any ways with your son and waiting at the exit then go on ( normally they leave a spot in the next group for the none rider). I have also see ( at smaller rides ) then do rider swap for kids too scars but tall enough to ride.

Also I have gone down with 2 other people one with the DAS and one not since two out of the three of us had the DAS the none DAS holder could only be put on one DAS not sure if this is how it should have been we did not really care just giving you a heads up

It took 2 days for this to sink in, but I get it now! We will all go down the FP or entrance for DAS party on that ride. If it is a ride my son can’t remain in his chair on, two will ride while I wait with my son. The CM should direct us to the ride exit area where we will wait for the two riders to return. Then they will exit with my son in his chair, and I will go on the ride. Different that rider swap because everyone who is able and willing, only rides once. I will check with CM when we hit the attraction, but we can avoid FP for rides we all want to do.

It took 2 days for this to sink in, but I get it now! We will all go down the FP or entrance for DAS party on that ride. If it is a ride my son can’t remain in his chair on, two will ride while I wait with my son. The CM should direct us to the ride exit area where we will wait for the two riders to return. Then they will exit with my son in his chair, and I will go on the ride. Different that rider swap because everyone who is able and willing, only rides once. I will check with CM when we hit the attraction, but we can avoid FP for rides we all want to do.
The main thing is to ask the CM what to do at the rides.

Then they will exit with my son in his chair, and I will go on the ride. Different that rider swap because everyone who is able and willing, only rides once.

They may allow someone from Group 1 to ride again with you so you don’t have to ride alone. Just ask.

Enjoy your vacation!

Recent experience for us has been that everyone intending to ride needs a FP or DAS Return time when using Rider Switch, especially on the popular rides like FOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter