Advice-How to get into TTC from lot

WDWAurora

<font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'
Hi guys!! My two grandmothers will be going to WDW with my parents in a few days, and they are both somewhat mobility challenged. One will be on a walker, the other uses a cane. The main concern right now is how to get from the MK parking lot into the TTC. The handicapped lot (both have stickers to park there) is so far to walk in and it would be tough to push them both in the courtesy chairs. The concern with the regular lot is how to get onto the tram. Will they have a hard time you think? I still think this is the best bet (bus is an option, but they think they'll have the same issues boarding due to the steps). What do you all think?

BTW-this is the first trip for one of my grandmothers! She is 80, going for the first time. But it is a bittersweet trip, as my other grandmother lost her husband this year and it is her first trip without him (over 30 trips together). I want them all to enjoy it.

WDWAurora said:
(bus is an option, but they think they'll have the same issues boarding due to the steps).

Just to say, if you wanted to use the bus, I’m sure they’d have no problems loading your grandmothers on using the wheelchair lift to save them the steps. However, if your grandmothers have difficulty walking long distances, they might want to consider renting resort wheelchairs. I’ve heard people have had problems with this, but I’ve done it a few times in the past and everything’s been fine; I guess I’ve been lucky. Anyway, however they go about it, I hope they all have a magical trip. :tinker:

OneLittleSpark said:
Just to say, if you wanted to use the bus, I’m sure they’d have no problems loading your grandmothers on using the wheelchair lift to save them the steps. However, if your grandmothers have difficulty walking long distances, they might want to consider renting resort wheelchairs. I’ve heard people have had problems with this, but I’ve done it a few times in the past and everything’s been fine; I guess I’ve been lucky. Anyway, however they go about it, I hope they all have a magical trip. :tinker:

Actually, you can't "rent" resort wheelchairs. They are first come, first served. You can rent chairs and scooters from companies such as Walkers Mobility which will be waiting at the resort when you get there, and I agree, that might be a wonderful option for you!

Anne

We have always stayed on site. and used the buses
Next week we may go to Disney for the day (will be in Daytona)-- so will be
driving and parking! This will be the first time I do that in all of our trips!

Linda

Truthfully, as large as the parks are, and as much walking as there is, they would probably be more comfortable in wheelchairs...which are no problems on the buses, except that most busses can only hold two wheelchairs.

I don't think there is an easy way to get from the handicap parking to the MK. Or, you could tell the parking attendant that you have mobility issues and they can park you on the end of a row near the tram stops, but it is still a lot of walking to a boat or monorail. I'd really encourage them to use wheelchairs or scooters and take the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter