Advice/help with Universial and more

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip next summer this will be our 4th trip to DL/california but my cousin and her kids will be going for the first time, we are planning 4 days at disney, but we also want to go to universial, is one whole day enough there?? We are thinking griffith observatory santa monica pier, we def want to do beach stuff I would LOVE to do a surf lesson and any other neat stuff anyone can suggest, we will be 2 adults and 4 kids ages 12,11,10,10 we will be there 11/12 days

One day is plenty at Universal, and if you are organized you could do each ride at least twice (minus the studio tour) and still leave plenty early in the day. It is very small, nothing like Orlando. Buy your tickets online, that gets you into the Harry Potter part an hour early, nail the Simpsons and Despicable Me ride as the park officially opens as well as the ride right outside the exit and the new Dreamworks thing opening sometime soon, immediately go downstairs when it opens an hour after the gates open and get those three and do the studio tour and any shows last. We are passholders and can do everything in the park besides the studio tour in less than two hours if we get there at opening, even on a busy weekend.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!