Advice for thrill adverse kiddo

You’re turned for the 3D scenes. And the speed in the dark isn’t bad because you don’t see anything. It’s really a tame ride.
Agreed, this ride doesn't 'spin', it 'turns'. when moving fast, you are typically (maybe always, but I can't remember) in a 'coaster-type' configuration where you are facing in the direction you are moving. When the ride slows for a scene, you are turned to face the action. I don't think you ever make a full revolution.

My DH and I are ride wimps won’t do coasters or anything with a drop. We have not been in years so he asked next time we go to Disney if we could take time for Universal as well so are booked at Portofino for a few days the week before Thanksgiving next year. At Disney we love Test Track, Soarin’, Flight of Passage, Star Tours, and Mission Space green. He can’t do the tea cups with the spinning but I am ok. At Universal last time we were there did fine on Back to the Future which I know is not there anymore and Men in Black. How do you think we can handle Minions, Transformers, Jimmy Fallon, Simpsons, Fast and Furious, and Forbidden Journey? We might get seasickness patches.

Also, we got our vacation package through Universal. Do you get a key card that has the tickets and unlimited express pass on it that you scan at the park entrances or do they give tickets and the pass separate and if so do they give a lanyard or will we need to bring our own?

My DH and I are ride wimps won’t do coasters or anything with a drop. We have not been in years so he asked next time we go to Disney if we could take time for Universal as well so are booked at Portofino for a few days the week before Thanksgiving next year. At Disney we love Test Track, Soarin’, Flight of Passage, Star Tours, and Mission Space green. He can’t do the tea cups with the spinning but I am ok. At Universal last time we were there did fine on Back to the Future which I know is not there anymore and Men in Black. How do you think we can handle Minions, Transformers, Jimmy Fallon, Simpsons, Fast and Furious, and Forbidden Journey? We might get seasickness patches.

Also, we got our vacation package through Universal. Do you get a key card that has the tickets and unlimited express pass on it that you scan at the park entrances or do they give tickets and the pass separate and if so do they give a lanyard or will we need to bring our own?
Bring your own lanyard (or buy a fun one at the parks/hotel/Citywalk). You’ll have a key and tickets.
You’ll be fine on all the rides you listed. You should add Gringotts too.

If you are one who wants to see the ride before trying it-there are lots of youtube videos of onride experience. However there are also some of "how it works" where it really shows the ride vehicle and how it moves. Some do get technical but I watch some of them more for the geek part of seeing how the attraction is put together.
Generally we are all thrill seekers in our family except for my son. We have gradually coaxed him on more "thrill' rides through bribes LOL. He has done ToT, RnR, splash, PoC, all the epcot attractions, never been and will never go on Everest (my favorite) nor mission space. He's actually done ToT several times now although he still states he hates it. He also refused RnR again. Now that his 5 year old nephew is getting tall enough to go on more rides will see if that changes as that kiddo has already proven to be a thrill seeker!!

At universal he has done all except Doom, Hulk and RRR. He didn't like FJ nor Gringotts the first time, but now actually enjoys FJ. He won't go on Mummy again and still has to be coaxed onto Gringotts. He LOVES Spiderman and MiB though. Frankly I didn't like Mummy first time either-but now really enjoy that ride!
I agree with PP advice-if you can work up to it go on one of the "scary" rides more than once- as you now what to expect it becomes much less frightening. Fear of unknown is huge - this is really big for my son. Once he knows what to expect it gets much better.

Definitely get a lanyard-your hotel room card is also your express pass so having that facing out, with your ticket behind it (barcode facing out). You will show your hotel card at each Express pass checkpoint so it is super handy to have the lanyard!

The ride I'm really curious about is The Mummy. They say there are no tremendous drops or inversions, but it does go fast and is in the dark. I can do Splash Mountain at Disney but don't love the drop. I think I could handle going backwards but I am nervous about the "launches." Drops are my main problem. On other boards I see them giving The Mummy 6/6.5 out of 10 on scare factor, but say it's so cool it's a "not to be missed" That said, I did the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios and thought it might be the end of me. I want to do the Mummy ride so bad though!

The ride I'm really curious about is The Mummy. They say there are no tremendous drops or inversions, but it does go fast and is in the dark. I can do Splash Mountain at Disney but don't love the drop. I think I could handle going backwards but I am nervous about the "launches." Drops are my main problem. On other boards I see them giving The Mummy 6/6.5 out of 10 on scare factor, but say it's so cool it's a "not to be missed" That said, I did the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios and thought it might be the end of me. I want to do the Mummy ride so bad though!
Do it! Be brave!! It is truly a ride not to be missed! It's inside a not tall building so you know nothing it does can be that extreme. It's not like one of the new thrill coasters with the crazy fast launches. It barely has any drops. If you have ridden those other rides, you will be fine. And you will kick yourself if you wuss out. ;)

Do it! Be brave!! It is truly a ride not to be missed! It's inside a not tall building so you know nothing it does can be that extreme. It's not like one of the new thrill coasters with the crazy fast launches. It barely has any drops. If you have ridden those other rides, you will be fine. And you will kick yourself if you wuss out. ;)
Thanks for this pep talk! I needed it. :D

Presumably you’re an adult and likely stubborn/ set in your ways. 😉 I got to the kids in that sweet spot when they were at least kind of amenable. 😀
They never did work on me, to get me on rides, even as a kid. What did work, somewhat, is to build up to those rides. Figure out what the most thrilling ride they are willing to do is and plan to build up from there. Be empathetic but supportive, and not upset or pushy (I had bad experiences with my ex being annoyed when I was scared of rides).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!