Advice for Restaurants at Disneyland

Shine_Tilly

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are considering a Disneyland trip for next September. We've only ever been to WDW so we don't know the park at all. I had originally planned a WDW trip and had sold my husband on 50's Prime Time Cafe and Sci-Fi Dine In because of their fantastic theming. Is there anything like that at Disneyland? I would love to have a dinner experience like the one my "cousins" provide in Florida.

The restaurants are different at DL, and there is nothing like Prime Time or Sci-Fi atmosphere wise.

For food, I recommend Cafe Orleans. It's similar to Blue Bayou, but less expensive. Of course, Blue Bayou can't be beat for atmosphere. There are fewer table service restaurants in general at DLR, especially in the parks. Carthay Circle is supposed to be nice, but I haven't been. Also, check out the resort hotels, as they have dining options. I'm not super-familiar with those though.

My favorite food in all of DLR is at Pacific Wharf Bakery in DCA. It's quick-service, but they bake fresh sourdough bread. It smells so good! If you go, I recommend checking it out.

Disneyland is much smaller than WDW, so unfortunately the dining options are a bit more limited.
For theming, Blue Bayou is beautiful, but the food is subpar.
The recently opened Red Rose Tavern in Fantasyland is a quick service restaurant, but I have really enjoyed their food and the dining area has a cute Beauty and the Beast theme.
Carnation Cafe is also a safe bet for good food, though it usually requires reservations. the seating is right on main street, and is one of my favorite places for people watching!
In California Adventure, the Wine Country Trattoria has the best food I've had at either park, lovely outdoor seating, and reasonable prices for the quality of the food.
Outside the parks, there is a Rainforest Cafe, but once again, with great theming comes disappointing food.

I also love/recommend the Pacific Wharf Bakery and the Wine Country Trattoria! Also the Cove Bar has some really good food offerings (Tri Tip Sliders, Lobster Nachos, and Pimm's Punch is what my group always gets) and drinks, plus the view of Paradis Pier with the ferris wheel isn't bad to look at either.

Carnation Cafe is a great lunch spot.
Carthay Circle with a World of Color dining package is awesome.
Steak House 55 @the Disneyland hotel is a great dinner and classic Walt.

Some of my favorite DLR restaurants are in no particular order: Steakhouse 55 (quite out of the way spot), Storytellers (especially for breakfast), Trader Sam's (for fun bar atmosphere and quick bar finger food), Cove Bar (for the bar food especially the lobster nachos), Blue Bayou (for the atmosphere and gumbo), and Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney (I love the food at this place).

Blue Bayou has the coolest atmosphere! It's inside their classic pirate ride and truly does feel like a bayou. Their food is so-so, but it's worth it for the experience. As far as QS goes, stick with the New Orleans style food, it's delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter