Advice for huge age gap one parent trip

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Hi all
Heading out for Easter by myself with the four kiddos.. 4, 6,12, and 16
Wondering how ppl manage huge age gaps as my older two want the intense rides while the little ones won’t/can’t..
Hoping I can fast pass diffferent rides or utilize rider switch and will prob allow older kids to stay after I take littles back to hotel .
16 year old will be 17 , has a cell phone is beyond responsible and bright..
but as a single mom and as both older kids are getting older this may be our last big family trip and I want/need to make it special for all
Thsnks guys xo

Agree to do some rides together, then set the older ones free to explore on their own and meet up at different times. I think part of the family fun is doing a few things together, but there is no way your oldest will want to hang with the youngest all day. I think it would be fun to pick a couple rides to do as a whole family each day; something like Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story Mania and Kilimanjaro Safari to name a few. Then let the older ones pick the rides they want to. I do like the idea of meeting for Lunch or Dinner. In my years of running Teen Caravans we did this a lot, it was a way to test & trust, but that was pre-cell phone era too. None the less I'd still require at least one meet up, and food is the best time for it IMHO.

I would make sure the older kids have a cell phone, charging cable and a power bar so you can get ahold of them. I would also give them cash or a gift card instead of the ability of charge using their bands if you’re worried about them going crazy.

That’s what I was thinking.. prob lose them right at rope drop meet up for couple fast passes maybe as we can rider switch and meals and they can stay after the littles tire out and we head back to hotel for r&r

I would make sure the older kids have a cell phone, charging cable and a power bar so you can get ahold of them. I would also give them cash or a gift card instead of the ability of charge using their bands if you’re worried about them going crazy.

My 16 soon to be 17 is too responsible as I almost bought works series tickets but he said air was too crazy .. I think he should have charging capability me maybe not ha ha ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!