Advice for a friend going to WDW next week!

Nooshkin

I'll be your BFF if you get me into Club 33!
I'm turning to the board with all the pros- i know you podcast listeners can help me out quickly!

A co-worker is going to WDW in a few days with her kids. She's been there before but not recently. When I found out she was going so soon I started asking her about some of her planning and found that she didn't really know about ADRs and getting fast passes ahead of time. In other words, she's winging it!

We were able to scramble and get a few of the things her kids were looking forward to with two exceptions: A fast pass for Elsa and Anna and a reservation for Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.

I've been to WDW dozens of times but not with kids so advise me! I've already prepped her for the wait time for Anna and Elsa and seeing how her daughter is only 4, she doesn't really know that Elsa and Anna are there. If they miss that, she might not notice. But they have talked about BBB and her daughter is aware of it. Any tips for getting in without a reservation or an alternative to give her a touch of magic?

My friend has made a beautiful Elsa dress for her daughter already so that's not an issue. I remember a family member going to the barber shop in MK and getting a hair cut then being pixie dusted with confetti- do they still do that? If so, would they just 'touch up her hair" and pixie dust her?

Can you think of anything else? This family just went through a painful divorce and really deserve some special times together. Oh- what about buttons? The younger child is going for the first time. Do they still give out those buttons? Thanks for any suggestions! I wish I had known she was going sooner! :yay:

Did you try the BBB in DTD as well as the one in MK?

I know you can get a princess "do" at the Ivy Trellis in the Grand Floridian (or at least you used to be able to) and it is quite a bit less expensive than BBB. Not sure if they do the make up for little princesses - but I know they do make up for adults...

Phone # is: 407 824 3000

Good Luck!

Thanks so much! I'll give her that number. She did try BBB in DTD and MK. I'm glad I talked to her today so i could help manage her expectations. She looked at me like I was nuts when I told her she needed to plan ahead then called and found out! So now I'm making her a quick list of tips and advise.

Thanks again!

If you can't get an appointment for the princess experience, you can take them to the barber shop to get their hair trimmed or pixie-dusted (with glitter and Mickey heads). The barber shop takes reservations (through the dining reservations line), but if they're booked, you can ask for a walk-up appointment, too. My niece was thrilled to have her hair done by Cinderella's hairdresser. I got mine done by Michael, who is in the video on DME on the way to the airport, which was also kind of cool. Castle Couture does pixie-dusting, too. You just have to find the cast-member with the wand.

Thanks everyone! They are there now- I can't wait to hear how it goes and live vicariously through them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter