Advice about a romantic place to eat

jackmosby

Earning My Ears
My girlfriend and I are coming in early September and we wanted to have a "calm" night where we could have a romantic dinner, have a drink, maybe chill at Disney Springs... so, first, we booked at the California Grill for 9pm, but many friends told me that it's not really formal, and it can be very loud with a lot of kids... not really what we were going with (plus, it's kinda far from Disney Springs).

So, I don't know what to do. Is there really a restaurant in the World (outside of V&A's obviously) where you can have great food (the most important), and who is really quiet and a little bit formal (not looking for people in tuxs, but juste people not in park attire) ? Thank you in advance if you can help us ! :love2:

Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian is a great choice. You can time it out so that during your meal you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the MK fireworks (watching the fireworks from the Narcoossee's deck can be romantic!). The food is AMAZING. My DH and I love the full lobster, grilled steak, and almond-crusted cheesecake. I also think the Grand Floridian in general is romantic and has a more adult vibe. DH and I thought it was so nice that the orchestra was playing in the lobby when we arrived for our dinner. We hung out there for a while, just listening.

Keep in mind that you're probably still going to encounter kids, but I definitely didn't see kids running around during our dinner.

Last trip we really enjoyed our dinner at Flying Fish. It was by far the calmest, quietest, and most romantic setting - the service was excellent and the food was one of the best meals of our trip. A bonus is that it is near AbracadaBar which, while not exactly romantic, was a lot of fun with a unique cocktail offerings not available anywhere else. You could also enjoy the Boardwalk before/after your reservation, or walk over to the Yacht/Beach Club and find a place to sit on the 'beach' and watch the world go by.

I agree with the previous poster who mentioned Narcoossee's. That would be my number 1 choice if I were looking for quiet and romantic.

My second choice would be Artist Point inside Wilderness Lodge.

If you wanted something IN Disney Springs, I would suggest Morimoto Asia. Although you would still have a certain percentage of diners wearing theme park attire.

I would suggest Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. It's quieter, and less crowded. They make an excellent steak! Also, you can walk or take the boat to Disney Springs.

Thanks for all your answers ! I'll check that out, hoping that there's still be reservations available, since I think we're on the "free" dining dates

I would recommend Artist Point. It's definitely one of the quietest signatures on property and the food is excellent. If you have a park ticket, Monsieur Paul in EP is quite upscale and quiet. I think the only time I've seen a kid in there, it was my own, LOL!

we had an anniversary dinner at California Grill last january and it wasn't full of children or anything like that, so I would still consider it.

Artist Point is also good and believe it or not, trattoria al forno has some really nice booth seating that is very intimate.

We did Yachtsman Steakhouse on our last trip for our romantic dinner and it did not disappoint. Afterwards, we talked around the BC and BWI areas - took pictures - watched the fireworks and just enjoyed.

Worth seconding: Bluezoo.

Quiet, with great food and service. The small number of kids in there (our own went to Camp Dolphin) were well-behaved.

We had a lovely night at Narcoossee last year, including a perfect window seat to see the fireworks. Can't wait to do it again!

My girlfriend and I are coming in early September and we wanted to have a "calm" night where we could have a romantic dinner, have a drink, maybe chill at Disney Springs... so, first, we booked at the California Grill for 9pm, but many friends told me that it's not really formal, and it can be very loud with a lot of kids... not really what we were going with (plus, it's kinda far from Disney Springs).

So, I don't know what to do. Is there really a restaurant in the World (outside of V&A's obviously) where you can have great food (the most important), and who is really quiet and a little bit formal (not looking for people in tuxs, but juste people not in park attire) ? Thank you in advance if you can help us ! :love2:
Besides Victoria & Albert's.....

Any place not run by Disney is going to have fewer children.

Bull & Bear @ Waldorf, Capa @ Four Seasons, BlueZoo & Shula's @ Swolphin, etc. are going to be the most romantic because there are fewer children & the tables are further apart.

Disney Springs is a bit more mixture. Boathouse & Paddlefish are comparable in food quality to the above list. STK may be a bit more 'adult' in the later hours. But Disney Springs does offer the opportunity to food-stroll as well (i.e., many ice cream shops, chocolates, pastries), and this may be what you're looking for.

All that said, my family sat next to a magical moment inside the West Wing of Be Our Guest. I noticed the special flower arrangement on the nearby table and inquired from our Server. The arrangement sat on a base with a 'magical box' beneath - where an engagement ring was revealed. She said, "Yes!" He was no Beast (close), but she was a Beauty.

And every woman would likely feel like a princess with a well-intentioned interlude at Cinderella's Castle. Pre-order a chocolate slipper for dessert; a tiara too.

Last edited:
In terms of "quiet and romantic", I think your best on site Disney restaurant would be Artist Point. Running a close second is Narcoossee's, although the tables are a little closer together than Artist Point. I've been to the California Grille numerous times. I can't recall any time that I'd considered it quiet or romantic. It's impressive due to the view, but hardly the place you'd think of when you think "romantic".

Recognize that you're at Disney. Any Disney restaurant, except V&A's with it's enforced dress code, is going to have someone show up in "park attire". However, you'll see less "park attire" at resort signature restaurants than elsewhere.

Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian is a great choice. You can time it out so that during your meal you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the MK fireworks (watching the fireworks from the Narcoossee's deck can be romantic!). The food is AMAZING. My DH and I love the full lobster, grilled steak, and almond-crusted cheesecake. I also think the Grand Floridian in general is romantic and has a more adult vibe. DH and I thought it was so nice that the orchestra was playing in the lobby when we arrived for our dinner. We hung out there for a while, just listening.

Keep in mind that you're probably still going to encounter kids, but I definitely didn't see kids running around during our dinner.

This is exactly my plan for my our honeymoon trip to Disney. We will be eating at Narcoossee's around 8:30 so we can watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the MK fireworks. I find the restaurant more romantic than some of the other signature restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter