Adventures of the Traveling Fire Pit Round 2 Try it again?

HI! Checking in December 2-6th. If it is available would love to have it at least 2 days. Hopefully staying in loop 900.

This is a wonderful idea. Hate to bring a certain type of fire pit only to Disney. I have the standard portable one but it does not have a top lid.

Love this fort community!
We are checking in december 22 and leaving morning of december 31. Would love to enjoy the pit anytime during this stay.

Was wondering how this group was getting new Disboard posters with only one post requesting the community's "pass around" fire pit and then I saw where someone posted on a facebook group telling people about this group's shared pit and where to get a free firepit.

Last edited:
Well unfortunately my attempt to get the Traveling Fire Pit back to The Fort is a no go.
If for any reason someone will be near the Chicago suburbs anytime soon, perhaps we could arrange a pick up?

Well unfortunately my attempt to get the Traveling Fire Pit back to The Fort is a no go.
If for any reason someone will be near the Chicago suburbs anytime soon, perhaps we could arrange a pick up?

I could easily get to Chicago. Getting the wife to let me drive to the Fort, however... :scared:

I'm in the western burbs but won't be going until December unfortunately :(
Well thanks for trying!!!

Dang it. @tigger92662 , Joe i would pick it up next weekend but i think the Rav will be way too loaded down with stuff. I am already afraid mallory's cart is going on the roof. Though Bert is a master packer so hoping we can get everything in the car.

We are three hours directly south of you and will be down in January. I had a special couple weeks with the original traveling fire pit. Hubby picked it up and returned to corgidad last December. Every now and then we make a Chicago trip. I’ll keep you in mind if we’re in your neck of the woods before our trip.

Too bad it didn’t work out while you were still down there.

In all honesty, you should just consider another trip down and try one more time.

Our plans have us at the Fort beginning Jan 7 through March 7 so if it needs a place to pass thru, we'll be happy to host it.

Last edited:
Just a quick bump since it’s late and tomorrow is a busy and early day here...
The traveling firepit is returning!! We are hoping to meet her tomorrow night around midnight, and are very happy to help her get back to the Fort!

We’ll be there October 27 until November 11th- is there a family who would like to temporarily adopt her at the end of our stay?

Just a quick bump since it’s late and tomorrow is a busy and early day here...
The traveling firepit is returning!! We are hoping to meet her tomorrow night around midnight, and are very happy to help her get back to the Fort!

We’ll be there October 27 until November 11th- is there a family who would like to temporarily adopt her at the end of our stay?

I can watch it December 2-6th. If someone else needs it those days I would like to have it for at least 1 night, Wednesday December 5th. This is wonderful!!!

We could do December 6th - 10th if it's still around :) What a great idea!

This is my post from early September, but I could pass the firepit along on December 8th or 9th if someone was coming in then. We leave early on the 10th to check in to the Grand and I am trying to not have to do anything on the 10th! LOL

Hi all! I have been absent from these boards for a very long time, but I'm back and planning a trip for the end of November. We are the owners of the original traveling fire pit! Last Thanksgiving was our very first stay at the Fort, and of course, we had a fantastic time! It really meant a lot to us to see that fire pit get enjoyed by so many. Let's keep this new one going!

Hi all! I have been absent from these boards for a very long time, but I'm back and planning a trip for the end of November. We are the owners of the original traveling fire pit! Last Thanksgiving was our very first stay at the Fort, and of course, we had a fantastic time! It really meant a lot to us to see that fire pit get enjoyed by so many. Let's keep this new one going!
Welcome back, and as the owners of the original Traveling Fire Pit, I am glad to be able to keep your tradition rolling in its 2nd season

Well I'm very happy to say that following in the footsteps of @Mrs. Toaster offering last year of The Adventures of the Traveling Fire Pit, I am pleased to announce that @serenitygr has picked up and is currently transporting The Traveling Fire Pit 2.0 to The Fort as we speak.
Stay tuned as I will be updating the list of who and what dates they are there.
Huge shout out to the crew at the Rochelle Blue Beacon truck wash for holding for us.
Now comes the fun part
I would like to continue this thread by asking each caretaker of The Fire Pit to post a picture of it in use.
Now I'm fully well aware that the weather being warm down there may not always be cool enough for a fire, so be creative.
As Halloween draws near, I believe this could get interesting :magnify:

Here is the October list
Tltay2005, Terri & Greg, 10/26-10/31, full hook up
Serenitygr, 10/27-11/11, premium
Jets70, Steve, 10/27-11/9
Disneypeach, 10/14-11/4
Kidarheart2010, 10/20-10/27, premium
Kpsmithsr, Ken & Sue, 10/19-11/16
Jandafortcamper, 10/27-?
Brockton, 11/23-11/2, preferred
Flame tamer, 10/24-11/2, premium
Pj, 10/28-11/2
Krista 10/28-10/31, cabin
Mandi 10/27-11/2, cabin
Fsudisney, 10/12
Tiggerdad, Michael, 10/26-10/29 staying at the GF

Hopefully @tiggerdad will be able to get to The Fort during his short stay and be able to enjoy some time with TTFP
More to come

We are proud to be the official transport of TTFP 2.0! She is currently rolling through Illinois almost to Kentucky.... we are arriving Saturday the 27th and staying until November 11th. We are happy to get her to her next family anytime during our stay- just let me know who, where, and when!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter