Adventures of the Seas -- and Cape Liberty Parking

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
We just booked RCCL for a Canada/New England sail for our 40th next year. While we have sailed and parked three times out of Manhattan, I know nothing about parking at Cape Liberty.

I know in Manhattan you really have to be there more or less by Noon to get parking, but I might have to work that morning, so wouldn't be up there until around Noon or a little later.

What is parking like there? Costs -- availability -- easy access?

And what did you think of Adventures of the Seas. This will be our first RCCL cruise. We have one booked in November 2018 for Cuba on Empress.

Thanks much.

I can't speak about the port thing, but we really liked Adventure. We were on that ship last December out of San Juan and it was close to the perfect size with a good amount of fun things to do.

We have parked at the port in Bayonne, very easy, right next to the terminal building. It was $20 per day.
Denise

We made the mistake of getting there at about 11:00 and waited for an hourin line to get to the dropoff area. We have learned now and when we go on the Anthem in January we plan to get there at 9:30-10:00.
Denise

We made the mistake of getting there at about 11:00 and waited for an hourin line to get to the dropoff area. We have learned now and when we go on the Anthem in January we plan to get there at 9:30-10:00.
Denise

We don't plan on doing drop off. After you did drop off, did you park in their structure? I guess even after waiting an hour in line you still got a spot? That's my only concern is getting there at Noon and having the garage be full, but their site says parking is guaranteed!

The garage is right next to a door to the terminal. As you pull up, porters help you unload your luggage and take it off on a dolly. We walked into the terminal while our friend drove next door and parked. There were plenty of spaces in the garage. We paid on the way out. It was very easy.
Denise

The garage is right next to a door to the terminal. As you pull up, porters help you unload your luggage and take it off on a dolly. We walked into the terminal while our friend drove next door and parked. There were plenty of spaces in the garage. We paid on the way out. It was very easy.
Denise

Thank you so much -- great info.

Just want to clarify: by “dropoff” I mean unload your car (or a taxi) and someone takes your bags for you. You then enter the terminal. If you used a taxi, they leave the area. If you drove your own car, you drive it into the parking garage. There was no separate line for being dropped off by a taxi or car service. We all sat in one single file line and inched forward as each car reached the front of the terminal. It was awful. So this time we may drive down the night before and stay at a hotel nearby, then drive over early.
Denise

Just want to clarify: by “dropoff” I mean unload your car (or a taxi) and someone takes your bags for you. You then enter the terminal. If you used a taxi, they leave the area. If you drove your own car, you drive it into the parking garage. There was no separate line for being dropped off by a taxi or car service. We all sat in one single file line and inched forward as each car reached the front of the terminal. It was awful. So this time we may drive down the night before and stay at a hotel nearby, then drive over early.
Denise

So can you just go and park in the garage and take your luggage to the terminal?

So can you just go and park in the garage and take your luggage to the terminal?
There are porters waiting to take your luggae as soon as you stop, so I don’t think you could drive through that area and go directly into the parking garage and then bring your luggage down with you. You don’t bring your luggage into the terminal, unless it is a carryon bag.
Denise

There are porters waiting to take your luggae as soon as you stop, so I don’t think you could drive through that area and go directly into the parking garage and then bring your luggage down with you. You don’t bring your luggage into the terminal, unless it is a carryon bag.
Denise

Thanks so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter