Adventures in cooking for kids?

druzicka

Earning My Ears
Does anybody have experience with this? I was wondering if I should plan this with my 7 yo DD. It is the one at the GF. Any input , good or not so good, would be appreciated.
Thanks
druz

my two daughters just did this on tues april 2. They both enjoyed it. My 6 year asked if she can do it again next year. They decorate aprons with their hand prints and color chef hats which they get to keep. The creation they made on this day was worms and dirt. MY 4 year old made hers without the worms. At the end the kids all come out dressed in their aprons and hats to hand out the worms and dirt. All the kids looked really cute. My 4 year old wore her sleeping beauty costume to it that day, it was funny to see her with her sleeves rolled up in her gown with hat and apron on. In case you don't know you can make a reservation for this 120 days in advance. It lasts from 10 to about 11:45, they ask you be back by 11:30 to be sure you are there when the kids come marching in. Drew who is one of the people running this remembered me and my family from last year when the kids did the pirate cruise, when he saw us he said I remember you guys you are the " ---------". I guess we made a lasting impression ;) Any other questions, just ask.

My then 4 year old DD did this last year and _LOVED_ it....to her it was one of the best things about our trip. :)
If you do it make sure to have your camera ready when they come back to greet you because they are so cute. We ended up useing a photo from this group of photos for our holiday card for last year.

my 9yr dd,7yr dd,and 5 yr ds did this in Feb.They all had a great time.They listened to a story, watched a video,made the aprons and hats and made cookies(they have different themes,my TA booked and told us they would be making cookies)My son was very upset he had to do this and he ended up loving the whole experience.My dh and I checked out the shops and explored the resort.After we all walked to the poly and looked around.It was a very nice morning for all of us.

Druzicka, my daughter has done it many times and loves it, which is a good thing since her dear old mom -- me -- does not cook (she must have gotten the "cooking" gene from my husband). Anyway, I have photos of all of the GF children's activities posted here in Janet2k's On-Line Photo Albums (just look for the "GF Children's Activities" album and the three sub-albums below it).

Thank you all for the info. Sounds like we ought to do it. I think she will enjoy it. Janet2K, thanks much for the pictures! They are great!!
druzicka

My son did it in August when he was 8. He made English Muffin pizzas. He really enjoyed it and is asking if he can do it again. I had booked this because I had been unable to get the Pirate Cruise. I think it is definitely worth it. He especially like walking around the Grand Floridian lobby handing out the pizzas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter