Adventure Falls and Tubing in Jamaica

Michelle smith

Mouseketeer
I'm so confused and need help. Anyone done this excursion? I can see from the website these awesome pictures that look fun however a recent uploaded video on youtube has me feeling that it is not all that Disney is portraying. Can anyone tell me what you experienced? Is it like the pictures show?

I am not sure what pictures you saw, but it was a fun excersion. We arrived by bus in the Adventure Falls area where we could change, lock up stuff, lay by the pool (my kids got a quick trip up the Falls and down the slide.) We then shuttled up to the river launch spot (10 min drive or so) and divided into groups of about 10 for a float down the river. All tubes are linked together and to our guide which is the only part I would have preferred to go as a family instead but if you want the history and information the guide provides it makes sense why they do it this way. The guide does all the work part of getting us down the river.

It was pleasant and our guide was great. You end up back at the adventure falls area, where you climb up a simulated waterfall that was really fun and there is a long slide that was also fun, but a little bumpy for my taste. Kids loved it. It's on the Good Hope Estate property. I think we enjoyed our day more than our ship neighbors who just did the estate tour and lunch. They also didn't know about the pool/ falls and didn't bring suits off the ship. Anyway hope this helps. One woman in our party was not a fan a the green water, but it's in a jungle and was the colors of its surroundings, not dirty water at all. Also bring water shoes or keens.

I am not sure what pictures you saw, but it was a fun excersion. We arrived by bus in the Adventure Falls area where we could change, lock up stuff, lay by the pool (my kids got a quick trip up the Falls and down the slide.) We then shuttled up to the river launch spot (10 min drive or so) and divided into groups of about 10 for a float down the river. All tubes are linked together and to our guide which is the only part I would have preferred to go as a family instead but if you want the history and information the guide provides it makes sense why they do it this way. The guide does all the work part of getting us down the river.

It was pleasant and our guide was great. You end up back at the adventure falls area, where you climb up a simulated waterfall that was really fun and there is a long slide that was also fun, but a little bumpy for my taste. Kids loved it. It's on the Good Hope Estate property. I think we enjoyed our day more than our ship neighbors who just did the estate tour and lunch. They also didn't know about the pool/ falls and didn't bring suits off the ship. Anyway hope this helps. One woman in our party was not a fan a the green water, but it's in a jungle and was the colors of its surroundings, not dirty water at all. Also bring water shoes or keens.
Thank you for your reply. I was referring to the pictures on the website. It looks like they are sliding down a waterfall and individual tubing. Hmmmmm have to think about this.

We did this in September and had a great time! Loved tubing down the Martha Brae and the kids enjoyed it too. :) We actually opted out of the Adventure Falls part, because the day was gloomy and a storm was moving in, but the ride down the river itself was wonderful.

We did this in September and had a great time! Loved tubing down the Martha Brae and the kids enjoyed it too. :) We actually opted out of the Adventure Falls part, because the day was gloomy and a storm was moving in, but the ride down the river itself was wonderful.
Can I ask how old were your kids?

Can I ask how old were your kids?
Thank you! We wanted a really adventurous tubing experience and the pictures on the Website from Disneycruise looked awesome but now after watching the you tube, I think Disney gives a false impression on what to expect. We may look at booking another company.

Thank you! We wanted a really adventurous tubing experience and the pictures on the Website from Disneycruise looked awesome but now after watching the you tube, I think Disney gives a false impression on what to expect. We may look at booking another company.
I don't think there are more adventurous options for river tubing in Falmouth, but they did have zip lining as well which many people really enjoyed. I was too nervous to try something like that for the first time in a country I am not sure has the safety regulations I would hope for, but many others said it was awesome.

We were also looking for a more adventurous tubing experience and this was not it. While it was pleasant and they stopped part way thru and the guide went up the embankment and got us all drinks it was very calm and too short.

This makes my heart sad. If the pictures Disney has on the site is none like the actual excursion, I’m wondering how accurate the other ones we are planning. I’m feeling like it’s a little false advertising.

There is other tubing in Jamaica so I think the two get confused a lot. You can book a separate tour yourself to go to the white river tubing. It's expensive and further away. The one close to Falmouth is the Martha Brae where everyone is connected to each other and you have a guide taking you the whole way. We enjoyed it a lot but I don't think I'd pay to do it again. It wasn't really "adventurous" and it went pretty quickly. But, we definitely liked it. Water shoes are a must!

My kids are 10 and 8. Is this ok for them? Do you tube like you see in the pictures on the website. I feel like I am reading no. That's a bit concerning.

I'm so glad I found this thread. Disney seems to have recently changed the picture they use for the port adventure FA25. I booked it last summer for our cruise 3/31, but in reviewing this past week, the pictures didn't seem quite right. I was looking for the more "adventurous" version that the helmets and white water implied. Now the pictures make it seem more like a lazy river. I'm sure it's still good, but not what we were looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter