Advent CAlendar ideas for college kids young adults?

Looking for advent ideas. Historically I was always LEGO or fancy candy etc. This year I found a nice one, but pricey, for The Body Shop on presale at Amazon. Other thoughts for college kids? Mine will be home the entire month this year so I would like the 25 day ones vs. the 12 days..thanks!

Aldi, if you have one near has the best Advents. Beer, Wine, Hard Seltzer, Cheese, Candles, Chocolate, more chocolate LOL... People line up hours in advance to go in and buy them. I got the Wine one last year and I have used them (small single serve bottles) for drinking and cooking and didn't find one bad vintage in the lot. Cheese was about 75% good to bad, the chocolates were not to my taste but were good quality. They also had a small storybook one for kids and I got that for a friend who's kid enjoyed the stories.

Aldi, if you have one near has the best Advents. Beer, Wine, Hard Seltzer, Cheese, Candles, Chocolate, more chocolate LOL... People line up hours in advance to go in and buy them. I got the Wine one last year and I have used them (small single serve bottles) for drinking and cooking and didn't find one bad vintage in the lot. Cheese was about 75% good to bad, the chocolates were not to my taste but were good quality. They also had a small storybook one for kids and I got that for a friend who's kid enjoyed the stories.

Just an FYI for anyone that is considering waiting in line- not all Aldi's carry the ones with alcohol, at least the wine one (don't know about the beer or seltzer one). Definitely call your local Aldi's to find out if they can sell it.

I would add that the Aldi's wine ones sell out VERY quickly, so if you want one, you need to plan to be there early on the day they go on sale (ask a clerk). IDK about the hard seltzer and beer ones. The cheese one is very popular, too. The chocolate ones are generally around for a few days, at least--they make a fancier (pricier) one that's more adult, and then a more kiddie one that's ~$1 and has about 3 oz of chocolate, total. So, it depends on how much you love the recipient...

Just bought my young adult son a wine advent calendar from Costco! 25 half bottles of wine in a box with numbered slots just like a real advent calendar. He will love it. It was kinda pricey - $100.
I saw one for beer at Costco yesterday.

LOL I don't wait in line for 10 minutes let alone an hour for something :) Yes there is an ALDI near me but I am not getting involved with waits, etc. Thanks though treat idea!

For those of you who have purchased the wine advent ones (from anywhere) are they 375 ml bottles or are they smaller more like a one glass sample?

For those of you who have purchased the wine advent ones (from anywhere) are they 375 ml bottles or are they smaller more like a one glass sample?
The Costco wines are 375ml bottles with corks. All from Spain, France, Italy, and Portugal. 24 Varietal for$100. The Costco Beers are all 500ml German imports. $60 for 24 cans.

Just bought my young adult son a wine advent calendar from Costco! 25 half bottles of wine in a box with numbered slots just like a real advent calendar. He will love it. It was kinda pricey - $100.
We bought a cheese and wine one at Aldi last year I think it was $25..

We put small gifts and giftcards ( $5 starbucks and $5 QT gas etc) in red and green balloons then blow them up a little attach them to balloon sticks from party city $2.50 put them in a vase and everyday they popped one.. they loved it. The gift cards were all money I was going to give them anyways.

The LEGO Advent Calendar is very popular. The feature LEGO character in Xmas sweater this year is Darth!
And discount if you happen to get this at Disney Springs with Disney Visa or APs, I think

For my DS and his FG a couple years ago I created individual beer advent calendars. I bought 24 beers for each of them based on their preferences. They really liked it, but said last year they would prefer to share one, because 24 beers each was too much. So last year I bought the Costco German beer. I asked yesterday if they preferred the homemade one or the Costco. They preferred the homemade because the German beers had too many stouts, etc. My DD has turned 21 since last Christmas, so no booze in the past. She lived in the dorm and I didn't want to get her in trouble. 2 years ago I used the toilet paper rolls and pinned them on a wreath. She got a lottery ticket each day and Hershey kisses. Last year I bought a garland with 24 "open triangles" that were also stuffed with lottery tickets and kisses. I have asked her what she wants this year, but haven't received an answer yet.

For those who are considering making their own, World Market usually has a selection of small bottles of Monin or Torani syrups, olive oils, and candy from other countries for a fun mix. Lots of pre-boxed stuff too. They are usually on special around Black Friday.

Last year Target has some really cool sock advent calendars. I believe they held 12 pairs each. They had Disney Princess, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, and Harry Potter. At $15 each, they were a great deal!

I purchased the $69.00 Advent calendar from the Body Shop for dd and I to share. She is in university and I figure she can use some of the small sizes in her dorm room or we can take them with us when we travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!