Advantages to statying on-siteat WDW?

BroadwayBunny

Earning My Ears
What are the advantages to staying on-site now that early entry is no longer with us?

I'm going to WDW in March2002. I'm not worried about parks reaching capacity and refusing entry. I'm just as happy visiting resorts and shops.

Any comments/suggestions?

Well, as far as I am conserned there is no place else to stay. We have never used early entry but we always stay on site. The two biggest pluses are, the magic that you feel and the proximity to it all. The magic for us starts the second we enter the big gates with Mickey and Minnie. You just fell like you are in a diffrent place and time. You get the whole experience. The proximity is important to us. We like to hop a boat or bus and be there asap. We loved POR and WL. With the deals they are running for rooms right now, you can save a lot. Hope this helps have fun!:smooth:

Parks maxing out is a concern around some holidays and you won't get shut out if you're in a WDW resort. Now that EE is gone, there's still e-nights open to you, byt the big thing to me is just living 'In the World'. It's like you never leave Disney for your whole stay. You leave the parks at closing time but you never really leave since even the transportation and hotels are 'themed'. Take a late stroll, hit a pub, go to Pleasure Island or the Boardwalk, it's still Disney and you're still on vacation. We stayed off-site on our first trip but didn't know what we were missing until we stayed at a WDW resort. I might pass up a trip if we couldn't get a WDW room.

Bill From PA

We've stayed on and off site over the years and while I really love staying on site, especially if its only me and DD, and enjoy the "Magic", service, amenities, transportation, etc, I'm afraid for our upcoming trip in Aug we're defecting to off site coz I really can't be bothered to constantly check on getting a good rate! IMO Disney is "over-marketing" with all these geographic-specific rates, postcards, package codes, AP rates, DC rates, blah, blah, blah! (OK maybe some sour grapes coz we're not in US and don't get offered most of these! But from reading these Boards, there are expectations not being met by a lot of people!).

It's now just too much effort to try to meet my expectations. So until Disney comes up with a more coherent and equitable marketing stragegy, it's off-site for us!

It really does depend on your park touring habits and, of course, the cost.

Right now you can get some get deals at Disney hotels, but I am also sure you can get great deals outside the world also.

We prefer staying on-site, so much so we became Disney Vacation Club member, because:

- Close to the parks - Transportation (either bus or car) takes time.

- Disney Service - The hotels on-site normally have wonderful service and you feel like you are in the magic.

- E-Ticket night (when available) - You can save alot of time at MK if you plan on doing an E-Ticket night.

Hope this helps...

Early Entry has nothing to do with it for me. I just love the Disney Resorts and would stay at them even if there were not themeparks nearby.

We will always stay onsite for several reasons:
1. Convenience
2. We enjoy dining on property and trying new restaurants each evening.
3. The theming at the resorts is so great, it keeps a smile on our faces 24/7!
4. For us, the feeling changes as soon as we leave the property. Soooo... we just don't leave!:)

I agree with the above posts. We have gone a least once a year since 1990. We have always stayed on site. We talked my brother's family (always stay off-site) into trying it in 1991 and they haven's stayed off site since. Staying on-site is part of the magic!

For me it is the pure Magic of not leaving Disney for an entire week. For DS it is the luxury of not having to drive for a week. The transportation system is truly wonderful. We did not move our car the whole week last month when we were down. The little things mean a lot too. The mickey wake-up calls, the cool pools,and I love the Disney information channel on TV. Guess I am strange but we have to watch it first thing!!
STay on site.You will not regret it.

Jordan's Mom

I'm afraid for our upcoming trip in Aug we're defecting to off site coz I really can't be bothered to constantly check on getting a good rate! IMO Disney is "over-marketing" with all these geographic-specific rates, postcards, package codes, AP rates, DC rates, blah, blah, blah! (OK maybe some sour grapes coz we're not in US and don't get offered most of these! But from reading these Boards, there are expectations not being met by a lot of people!).

Tartanfan,

That is exactly the same reason we are spending our non-DVC nights off-site! However, I made this decision before 9/11. I won't go into the details, but it basically was all the hassle experienced trying to book a room at a decent discounted rate.

And don't feel bad about no special rates cuz of your location. I'm in PA *and* a DVC member, nothing special for those categories. There are no special AP rates for March. As for the multitude of discounts available, I am not bothered by the ones for 9/11 heroes and military. However, the post-cards and state specific ones do bother me. But that's a discussion best left to another thread!!!!

To answer Broadway Bunny, there are still advantages...E-ride nights, guaranteed entrance to the parks (except in very rare instances), and free parking. The rest of the "advantages" are in the eye of the beholder. It's really a personal matter of what makes the magic for you.

Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter