Advantages of Staying On Property

As someone who used to be totally an "offsite" visitor recently i have changed to almost exclusively onsite. I too really like the "bubble" but i will admit it is getting harder and harder to justify the difference in price.

Having said that i am trying a different approach this next visit. We are going to stay at the Swan/Dolphin for most of the vacation then go to Boardwalk for the last couple of days. The Swan/Dolphin is still expensive but seems to be between the now higher Disney prices and those much better "value" prices for offsite while giving the onsite location.

I am curious though for those who have posted so far and from those that have not yet, do you consider Swan/Dolphin onsite or offsite?

I am curious though for those who have posted so far and from those that have not yet, do you consider Swan/Dolphin onsite or offsite?

Like you, I consider Swan/Dolphin to be "in between" on site and off site. We haven't stayed there yet but have heard such great things. I'm not sure if we will ever actually stay there but we do want to try the restaurants and bars at some point.

we own DVC and very much enjoy our offsite stays when the points run out. We have an off site stay planned next year. We love all things Disney and adore our stays onsite but when paying OOP we just can't justify onsite anymore especially now that some of the Disney Springs resorts gets EMH and fast pass reservations at 60 days.

But to answer your question, the best perk for us is location. That's why we bought at BLT. We drive so magical express and all that goes with it are meaningless to us. We don't drink so the designated driver thing with Disney busses doesn't apply.

Really it just comes down to what works best for you. No right or wrong answer.

It all depend on the package you got. I happily have stayed off-site in the past.
This year I got free quick service dining added on.
after I deduct my park ticket costs, the cost of Mears, and $20 per person per day for lunch and a snack (I am not including the 2nd meal as I am leaving that to hold the value of an included breakfast off-site and am also leaving off the 2nd snack because I might not have bought it anyway). My remaining cost was $99.71 per night for the room. Too me, that's pretty cheap to stay inside the bubble! No car rental needed, no waiting on off-site bus schedules..

As someone who used to be totally an "offsite" visitor recently i have changed to almost exclusively onsite. I too really like the "bubble" but i will admit it is getting harder and harder to justify the difference in price.

Having said that i am trying a different approach this next visit. We are going to stay at the Swan/Dolphin for most of the vacation then go to Boardwalk for the last couple of days. The Swan/Dolphin is still expensive but seems to be between the now higher Disney prices and those much better "value" prices for offsite while giving the onsite location.

I would consider the Swan and Dolphin to be on site. They're right there next to all the Epcot resorts. Totally on site. I'd love to stay there some time if the price is right.

Having done both an on and off site trip recently I much preferred the offfsite. Driving to and from the parks and back for a break was easier than the buses. MK - with the TT center - was the only pain.

Otherwise for more than 50% cheaper for the room it’s hard to justify onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter