Advantages of Buying DVC Resale | DVC Show | 3/1/19

You guys are so awesome. The content is awesome, and watching Pete squirm about inevitably spending money on DVC is hilarious. Give in Pete, give in.... ;)

Hold on. First, I NEVER squirm about spending money. Let's clear that up right away.

Second, I purchased 75 points direct from Disney last week and I have offers in on two resale contracts. I'm all in now :)

Welcome home, again! :D

Hold on. First, I NEVER squirm about spending money. Let's clear that up right away.

Second, I purchased 75 points direct from Disney last week and I have offers in on two resale contracts. I'm all in now :)

Good luck with ROFR!

I'm sure you're bombarded with advice from people, but there is one particular thing I think is worth mentioning, especially for certain individuals who may or may not run popular travel agencies, web forums, youtube channels, and/or podcasts. By Florida law, the deeds require an address for the both buyer and seller. However, it's just a placeholder (a meaningless field, effectively.) When you buy direct, Disney Vacation Development simply puts their office address (1390 Celebration) on it, but some of the third-party closing agents and attorneys that handle resale contracts will put your actual home address unless you specifically ask them not to. Since the deeds are all publicly searchable and view-able online, I just thought I'd "throw that out there" [with the appropriate hand motion] in case it hasn't come up anywhere else.

Welcome to the hell that is ROFR, we are only 1 week in on our first DVC contract and the wait is brutal. Congrats on the 1st contract at CC and good luck on your two resales! Brilliant timing on doing the DVC shows, we are diving in head first.

@WebmasterJackie,

One of the reasons we feel uncomfortable when the perks are removed is that each move devalues what we own. What we 'purchased' (back before the removal of perks and privileges) cannot be sold "as purchased." I have only a lessor product to offer the next owner. So, we might get grumpy when Disney changes, in a negative fashion, the product I'm currently holding.

Especially the restriction on booking DVC locations. Sigh.

It's brutal. I'm scouring EVERYTHING. I have backups for my backups if either or both of these get taken LOL.
It can become quite the sickness -- especially if you don't have someone telling you don't buy it!

I know I would have purchased another 200 or 300 more points if my wife hadn't put the brakes on me early on.

Finding that "perfect" contract and getting a great deal on it gives you that thrill of the hunt feeling.

It's brutal. I'm scouring EVERYTHING. I have backups for my backups if either or both of these get taken LOL.

It is!! We bought a 300 point contract at Old Key West two years ago, that had 300 banked points on it as well. I was SO nervous waiting for that to pass ROFR!!! But it did!!! So try not to worry...most of them will make it through!

And welcome home!!!

Ha!

I'm just as bad. While I wait on ROFR for my first contract, I've been throwing out lowball offers on other ones to see if I can get any bites.

If this has been mentioned, please excuse my repetition. We received a notice that resale contracts purchased after 1/19/19 will only be able to use those contracts on the existing 14 DVC resorts. They cannot be used at the upcoming Riviera or the resort being planned for the old River Country area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!