Advanced Dining Reservation window changing from 180 to 60 days prior to arrival

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
Several Disney fan websites are reporting that all dining reservations will be cancelled through the end of the year. Additionally the booking window for ADR's is being changed from 180 days to 60 days prior to arrival.

Edit: And now being officially announced by Disney: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/an-update-on-walt-disney-world-resort-reservations/

Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.

Today is my 60 day window for our trip the end of July. Please note this was the rebooking of our May trip that included “free dining.” I got up early this morning to make FPP (which didn’t happen). Now it looks like my “free dining” that came with the rebooking of our original vacation has been taken away. 60 days out and I cannot rebook our ADRs that were cancelled with the latest system update this evening.... Beginning to think the magic has fizzled and we will try next year.

Today is my 60 day window for our trip the end of July. Please note this was the rebooking of our May trip that included “free dining.” I got up early this morning to make FPP (which didn’t happen). Now it looks like my “free dining” that came with the rebooking of our original vacation has been taken away. 60 days out and I cannot rebook our ADRs that were cancelled with the latest system update this evening.... Beginning to think the magic has fizzled and we will try next year.
Yes, unfortunately Disney has cancelled all dining plans that were included in resort packages through the end of the year.

whoa...where did you see that? while i can understand that is a huge part of our trip & I'm happy with what I've got set for October... starting all over...they really need to make it more like 75 at least...geez...i don't want to do adr's and fastpasses on the same day
They got rid of Fastpasses too so you won't have to worry about doing both. Not sure I am liking these changes. Ugh.

they really need to make it more like 75 at least...geez...i don't want to do adr's and fastpasses on the same day

There are lots of good reasons to move ADR bookings closer to the day of actual use, especially now where so much can change for Disney and for guests on short order. But I agree that there is a big frustration and burden in having ADRs and FPs needing to be made the same day. Just cancel my entire morning.
I got everything I wanted for our October trip, but only once I called Dining because my phone and laptop came up with Zero availability. Now I imagine repeating in August, except I'll also be on my cell phone making FPs while using my landline to make ADRs.

The silver lining is that I was thinking I would have to cancel several ADRs because they are character buffets that I don't see being any good under current circumstances. I feared that all the "good" ADRs elsewhere would be gone. But I guess I'm back at the starting line with everyone else trying all over again with a new plan.

Several Disney fan websites are reporting that all dining reservations will be cancelled through the end of the year. Additionally the booking window for ADR's is being changed from 180 days to 60 days prior to arrival.

Edit: And now being officially announced by Disney: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/an-update-on-walt-disney-world-resort-reservations/

Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.

Well, that's the last straw. I've decided after all the restrictions that have been put in place and all the hours of planning my ADR's (which are now gone) that's it! I was holding on by a thread but after cancelling my precious ADR's I can't take anymore. I'm not going through redoing everything again. I'll cancel and hopefully one day when everything is back to normal (IF) then I'll reschedule. It really kills me to cancel what once was my dream vacation but maybe another day... 😟 😩 😢😭😭😭

Not sure how I feel about losing all my ADRs.
I understand why they must do this. they need to rebalance the number of seats filled in a restaurant with the number of guests in the parks.
I get why they would need to do this for July, August, maybe September. But after that, we don't even know what restrictions will be in place.
Obviously, they are still expecting significant restrictions in park attendance through the end of the year.

Well, that's the last straw. I've decided after all the restrictions that have been put in place and all the hours of planning my ADR's (which are now gone) that's it! I was holding on by a thread but after cancelling my precious ADR's I can't take anymore. I'm not going through redoing everything again. I'll cancel and hopefully one day when everything is back to normal (IF) then I'll reschedule. It really kills me to cancel what once was my dream vacation but maybe another day... 😟 😩 😢😭😭😭
Right there with you! My siblings and I are texting back and forth now about canceling our trip. It was going to be a big gathering...grand villa plus 2 studios at the Boardwalk! This was the last straw.

I don't know why they don't just cancel as soon as they find out they need to rather than a blanket cancel. Annoying.

I guess that means ADR's won't need to be a consideration of who gets in.
Depends on when you can put in your reservation requests.
We were just talking about this. Disappointed we lost our ADRs.
No idea what it will look like in October, but certainly different.
So far, I think we will still be going. Just with the expectation of doing less in the parks and more down time at the resort.
Not necessarily a bad thing as we are DVC and have APs.
If I'd paid cash and paid for daily tickets, wouldn't be happy.

Canceling everything is the best move they could have made under these circumstances. Everyone’s emotions are getting the way right now, people are upset their vacations are being disrupted...that’s life! They had no other choice. How could they be selective and decide who gets to eat in the restaurant and who gets canceled? Obviously they need to reduce it to 20%-30% capacity, so how did you think they would do it?! My fast pass day is next week and I usually would have a list composed by now, but I never bothered because I knew this was coming! The silver lining in all this will be going to WDW with the lowest crowds we will probably ever see, and to me, that’s a win!!

Canceling everything is the best move they could have made under these circumstances. Everyone’s emotions are getting the way right now, people are upset their vacations are being disrupted...that’s life! They had no other choice. How could they be selective and decide who gets to eat in the restaurant and who gets canceled? Obviously they need to reduce it to 20%-30% capacity, so how did you think they would do it?! My fast pass day is next week and I usually would have a list composed by now, but I never bothered because I knew this was coming! The silver lining in all this will be going to WDW with the lowest crowds we will probably ever see, and to me, that’s a win!!
It's not that I don't believe that this was a necessary move. I do believe it should have been done a long time ago. Like before my 180-day window opened in April when everyone knew that restaurants would need to reduce the number of tables. Yet they took reservations as if they would operate at full capacity.

It's was just a bridge too far. Masks, I might be able to deal with. Character meet & greets aren't a deal breaker. No parades? Okay, next time. No fireworks? A huge disappointment. Reservations just to enter a park? I was beginning to wonder if now is the time to go. Having to book ADRs all over again? I'm just exhausted. This isn't the Disney I love. Planning isn't fun anymore and the pleasant anticipation of a well-planned trip has been replaced with the angst over what new disappointment tomorrow will bring.

Canceling the ADRs wasn't the only deciding factor. It was just the nail on the coffin.

Last edited:
It's not that I don't believe that this wasn't a necessary move. I do believe it should have been done a long time ago. Like before my 180-day window opened in April when everyone knew that restaurants would need to reduce the number of tables. Yet they took reservations as if they would operate at full capacity.

It's was just a bridge too far. Masks, I might be able to deal with. Character meet & greets aren't a deal breaker. No parades? Okay, next time. No fireworks? A huge disappointment. Reservations just to enter a park? I was beginning to wonder if now is the time to go. Having to book ADRs all over again? I'm just exhausted. This isn't the Disney I love. Planning isn't fun anymore and the pleasant anticipation of a well-planned trip has been replaced with the angst over what new disappointment tomorrow will bring.

Canceling the ADRs wasn't the only deciding factor. It was just the nail on the coffin.

I agree with you 110%. I'm just wondering now if I'll get a reimbursement for everything including MNSSHP and Memory Maker.

whoa...where did you see that? while i can understand that is a huge part of our trip & I'm happy with what I've got set for October... starting all over...they really need to make it more like 75 at least...geez...i don't want to do adr's and fastpasses on the same day
You won't have too---no fastpasses. I just read the statement. All dining plans are being refunded and all ADR's are being canceled. The new window is because they need to decrease the amount of people in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter