• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults with Autograph books?

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
Ok, now I know this is proabably a bit sad :lmao: . But I was just asking to DS if he was going to have an autograph book (the one with the spot for a photo as well as the autograph) on our upcoming trip to DLRP.

Now the reason I was asking was because we went to WDW in Florida for three weeks in May this year and before we went I got "NO WAY was he doing the autograph thing this time, he is too big for that now (he's 8)", then when we arrived I asked again on the first day in the park, if he wanted to get an autograph book, i was met with a look :mad: combined with :rolleyes: and "I TOLD YOU, IM TOO OLD FOR THAT NOW" :rotfl2: . So the next day at the magic kingdom I heard this very quiet voice beside me ask "ummm, could I get an autograph book". "Wait" I said, "I thought I heard something.... I need to hear that again, a little louder please" "may I get an autograph book" :lmao: So..... he filled three of them on that trip! :rotfl2:

Anyway I asked him just now (wondering if he was going to be too old this trip, but apparently not) and I said, cause you know, it's my excuse to line up and have a photo. So he said well I'm not going to do that princess and prince meal, because then I'm going to have to get the princess autograph's and I draw the line at that, I'm not getting autographs and my photo taken with the girls! :rotfl2: (that will change in a few years, he'll be lining up for photos with the girls).

But that got me thinking.... Are there any adults out there who do have their own autograph books and line up for photos and signatures for "their own" autograph book and not just for their childrens books? I have never done it but am thinking that I may just do it this trip (our first trip to DLRP), but don't want to look like some weird, fast approaching 40 yr old, getting an autograph book signed :lmao: :rotfl2: . I do usually get the photos with the characters when DS goes up, but never the autographs. Does anyone do the autographs? or just your kids?

hey im20years old and i can assure you whenever i saw a character i just ran and got excited like a child, with my pen and authograph book for them to sign. i managed to get quite a few and am planning to take my autograph book on my next trip to build up more signatures.
my boyfriend teased me that they might have thought i was a child, but soon after he got into it and was eager to get more signatures for our book.

i wasnt planning to get an autograph book before we went, but as soon as we arrived at our hotel i bought one and got my first signature, so then i just wanted more.

its fun

I love collecting autographs and i'm 20! One day on our last trip we were in the parks from 9am - 10pm and we didnt go on a single ride- the entire day was devoted to character hunting and autograph collecting - i have 3 books full now! oops! ha ha! x

I've seen lots of adults collecting autographs, in both WDW and DLRP.

Go for it!!! :cool1:

I add my support to adults autograph hunting! As a 20 something bloke I felt awkward at first but the characters are never less than nice!

Man! Now I want an autograph book! I loved the bule shiny 15th aniiversary ones!!

I don't know what Jack would say to the idea though. although last trip he was embarassed about my pic trading at first and then eagerly looking at every CM's lanyards by then end!

Seen plenty of adults queuing for autographs and photos with characters at DLP :goodvibes

Well thanks everyone. I think I may just get an autograph book for myself this trip. Will decide when we get there, with DS having one as usual I will still be queueing up for the autograph and photo, so may as well have my own book :thumbsup2 .

I hope they do have the autograph books at DLRP that have the space for the photo and the autograph like they have at WDW and DL anaheim.

Anyway, thanks again for the encouragement :goodvibes . Now... anyone who is there whilst we are there, don't point and laugh if you see an adult aussie tourist with autograph book in hand lining up for autographs ;) :rotfl:

I hate to say this but I am a 45 year old male and I always get my photo taken with the characters when I go to DL and WDW:laughing: ;) ! When I finally make it to DLRP, I plan on having my picture taken with characters as well. I have never bought an autograph book but I did enlarge a photo of me, Mickey and Minnie together, tracked them down again and had them both sign it.

Pokey

I'm 25, with no children, and I have three autograph books from DLRP and two from WDW. I've been collecting over the last three years. I think you have to be prepared for the eyerolls you will get from some parents but if that doesn't bother you, you can have real fun with it.

Mel

I'm 25, with no children, and I have three autograph books from DLRP and two from WDW. I've been collecting over the last three years. I think you have to be prepared for the eyerolls you will get from some parents but if that doesn't bother you, you can have real fun with it.

Mel

I look at it this way - if some people want to roll their eyes because an adult wants an autograph or a photo, LET THEIR EYES ROLL!!!! I do not know these people and they do not know me.

I go to Disney because I have to be a respectable adult most of my life and Disney allows me to be a kid at heart and explore the wonder and magic!When you are on vacation/holiday or just going for a day, HAVE FUN!!!!

I do not mean to be rude but the people who eyeroll us adults who are getting autographs, pictures or dancing with the character, are propably the adults who complain, litter, take flash pictures on POTC/PM, stand in the flowers and have no respect for their fellow guest!

Pokey

I have to agree with Pokeypoke. I think adults should be able to queue for anything they damn well please!!:rotfl: The eyerolling adults queuing with their children are probably treating the experience as an endurance and something they should 'do' for their children. If Disney doesn't make you feel young again, then why bother going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter