Adults - what are can be skipped attractions?

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering mainly what can be skipped at each park - what won't appeal at all to an adult at all or just is really bad and can be skipped to save time?

Based on what I've read and descriptions online I have

Magic Kingdom - magic carpets of aladdin, dumbo, jungle cruise

Epcot - innoventions

MGM - ?

Animal Kingdom - boneyard

I guess it depends on the adult. The ones you mentioned (except Innoventions) are among my favorite attractions! I guess Triceratop Spin, Cinderella's Carousel, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid would fall into the same category. Only for the adults who "let their inner child out" at WDW.

I hate "It's a Small World" !!!!!!! Although it has more to do with a bad experience on that ride more so than it not being an attraction not suited for adults. I would say though, definitly DO Jungle Cruise. True it's nothing but corny jokes, but that appeals to my sense of humor :banana: My advice though is to enjoy yourself. Heck, be a kid agian!! Do what you want. If the attraction looks, or sounds like fun, GO!!!

I skip most anything that spins or goes upside down(have terrible vertigo.) Also the Indy Racers at MK. Otherwise I'll go on just about anything, kids or no kids.

I wouldn't skip the jungle cruise. It's a fun ride. The rides I usually skip are:

Magic Kingdom--Dumbo, Aladdin's Magic Carpet, Country Bear Jamboree, the Enchanted Tiki Room, the Astroorbiters, and the Speedway (been so long since I rode this one I can't remember what it's called).

Epcot--The Living Seas (unless you love looking at sealife--which I do not--it's kind of boring).

MGM--I can give or take Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid. I skip the stage show with the bear and Rollie Pollie Ollie.

Animal Kingdom--Triceritops Spin.

I will ocassionally go on some of these though.

Karen

I think it all depends on the personal tastes of the adults involved. I know folks who avoid Fantasyland like the plague, but I never miss Peter Pan, Snow White (and Alice in Wonderland at DL). I'm still one of those adults who misses Mr. Toad (the Pooh ride is just not that fun), can't wait til next week I'll be at DL where they still have Mr. Toad.

I hate the Country Bears. But, I hated them when I was a kid too. :rolleyes:

I don't do any of the traditional "kiddie" rides..just the bigger ones. At the MK, I always do: HM, PoTC, BTMRR and both Space and Splash Mountains. At MGM, I do Star Tours and RnR coaster. At EPCOT, I do M:S, TT and Soarin'. I don't go to AK since they don't really have anything over there except Dinosaur. But as people have suggested, it's really up to the individual's tastes.

I do almost every ride and attraction. It seems like you have more time to enjoy them when you're solo. I don't do the Hall of Presidents because it's my least favorite attraction. And since no one is pressuring me to go, I skip the Tower of Terror. I'll do it with other people, but I won't go on ToT without someone to talk me out of chickening out. ;) I probably won't ride Dumbo alone again. I enjoyed it, but I felt truly silly riding alone. On the other hand, I got some really interesting pictures of the castles from that angle.

I think it really depends on my mood and the line.

The typical skips for us are:
At MK, typically skip Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, Swiss Family Treehouse, Mickey's Toontown (the whole land), Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, Indy Speedway.

At Epcot, not much, usually just Innoventions and the Living Seas.

At MGM, Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Sounds Dangerous.

At AK, Dinosaur is the only thing we do in that section of the park, we skip Kali River Rapids, Tarzan, and Pocahontas.

Some are because they appeal to a much younger crowd, some it's personal taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter