Adults Only trips-Do they book up faster?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
Since I am considering going to Ireland next May on the Adults only trip, I was wondering if these trips fill up faster or maybe have less appeal that the other trips?
I know that the May date suits me and my daughter and we do like the idea of an adult group, but I want to wait a bit to book and I'm wondering if that might be a mistake.
I was reading the cancellation provisions and it looks as though I would get my $300 deposit back if I cancel at least 90 days prior to the vacation start date. So I would be safe in booking and then cancelling in January if need be, correct?

Since I am considering going to Ireland next May on the Adults only trip, I was wondering if these trips fill up faster or maybe have less appeal that the other trips?
I know that the May date suits me and my daughter and we do like the idea of an adult group, but I want to wait a bit to book and I'm wondering if that might be a mistake.
I was reading the cancellation provisions and it looks as though I would get my $300 deposit back if I cancel at least 90 days prior to the vacation start date. So I would be safe in booking and then cancelling in January if need be, correct?
Nope, your $300 per person deposit is only refundable for 14 days after you make your reservation. After that, it's non-refundable. Any additional money paid towards the land portion of the tour (ie, not airfare if you book it through them) is refundable up to 90 days prior to the start of the trip. But since the balance isn't due until 90 days prior to the start of the trip, that's generally a moot point.

As for whether the Adults-only trips fill up fast, I really don't know. I think it depends on the trip. There are far fewer Adults-only trips, so that alone increases the chances they'll fill up quicker, but my Canadian Adults-only got cancelled due to lack of people.

I'd call ABD and see if they can give you an answer about that.

Sayhello

Okay, I misread the cancellation policy, I see now where after 14 days the deposit is non-refundable but the 90 days etc pertains to the balance of the trip. That gives me pause to book too early, that is $600 out the window.

Okay, I misread the cancellation policy, I see now where after 14 days the deposit is non-refundable but the 90 days etc pertains to the balance of the trip. That gives me pause to book too early, that is $600 out the window.
Yep. Exactly the problem that a lot of us are facing.

Sayhello

;) My MIL and I are planning to do this same Ireland trip...I was wondering this same thing...

I really want to do Italy Sig and there are only 3 dates for that trip but I don't want to put ANY deposit down until I know for sure. I know I run the risk of missing out on a spot but $600 could go toward my DCL cruise if in the end we decide it's not for us. :confused3

This may mean absolutely nothing, but I thought I would mention it anyway. If you look at the 2009 trips on the ABD website, there are 36 remaining dates for all of the itineraries. Of those 36, 12 are adult only. For some of the trips the only remaining dates are adult only trips. Also wanted to mention that if you are on a family trip, you may have a lot of kids, but you may not. On our last trip, out of 30 travelers, there were only 5 kids. I don't know how forthcoming ABD will be with information this year, but for the last two years, when I was selecting a date, they told me exactly how many kids were booked for certain dates and their age ranges. So if you do decide to wait and miss out on an adults only trip, you might still be able to avoid a kid heavy group. I am not in any way suggesting that you should wait though. If you feel better booking now, by all means go ahead and do it. Just wanted to point out that if you're inclined to wait, it could still turn out okay.

We went on an adults only in 2008 and although not completely full, it was pretty full. We booked another for 2009 and it was cancelled. When I called to discuss my cancellation, I had asked about other adult only trips that perhaps we could switch over to and many of those had been cancelled also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter