Adults only trip - need advice

jenniferrose

Mouseketeer
I am so excited. My husband and I are going alone for our anniversary/my 40th birthday. We are staying at the Grand (for the first time!) and have reservations at Napa Rose. I'm bummed Cove Bar will be closed.

What are the must do things to do when you don't have kids in tow? I am pretty knowledgable of Disneyland but what are your favorite things to do when you have no kids?

Thanks!

You're off to a great start!! I love Jazz Kitchen. You could have a dessert for two, like Bananas Foster or Double Chocolate Bread Pudding. Have it up on the balcony and it's magical!

I'm not sure what they currently offer, but at the wine place in DCA (by Wine Country Trattoria), there's an area where you can do different tastings. Port and cheese, wine flights, and things like that. It's not expensive and it can be a lot of fun!

Of course Trader Sam's is a must do!

Also, if you are staying at GCH, just stop in the lounge at Napa Rose and have a drink and/or dessert! No reservations needed and it's very cool :)

How about the WOC Dessert Party? Tell them that you are celebrating an anniversary/birthday when you make the reservation and repeat that when you check in. Dessert, sparkling wine, and WOC -- sounds romantic! NR does a wine pairing/tasting on Saturdays by reservation only. You could look into that if your visit covers a Saturday. Maybe afternoon tea at Steakhouse 55? Again, make sure to note that you'll be celebrating an anniversary/birthday. Maybe order a custom cake to be delivered to NR or another TS restaurant for your anniversary or birthday or both? Don't forget to slow way down and enjoy the park and all the little details. Sometimes we get so used to rushing around with little ones or teens that we forget to just breathe and enjoy all the magic around us. One of the most romantic things we do at DL is share a popcorn on a bench at the Hub and people watch. It can be so much fun. :) Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks! We are doing the WOC lunch at Carthay Circle as that was another restaurant on my to do list. :)

Thanks! We are doing the WOC lunch at Carthay Circle as that was another restaurant on my to do list. :)
The WOC Dessert party is a very special way to see the show.
It's so nice to have a place to sit, with a great view of the show.

See the WOC twice. Once with the restaurant reservation and then with the WOC dessert party

Wine Country Trattoria is also a decent location for couples without kids to eat in. Although to be fair, even when families have been visiting they have all been well-behaved so no worries :)

Have so much fun with this! My husband and I went this past summer for our 25th anniversary (sans kiddos). We had a blast! Our two planned splurges were having dinner at Napa Rose and the dessert party seating at WOC. But other than that, it was just so much fun playing everything by ear and going at our pace. Our daughters are now pre-teen/teenager aged and their pace is "go, go, go!" After we checked in at PPH, we were walking down Downtown Disney en route to the parks and my husband said he was a little hungry and thirsty so we decided to stop at the Uva Bar. We had some apps and a drink and totally giggled about how much the kids would have been DYING if we had made them stop for for a snack when we were so close to the gates of Disneyland and DCA.

Have so much fun with your couples only trip!

Just walking around the shops and taking in all the details without someone asking you to buy something or dragging you out toward an attraction. Don't forget to look up, the decors on the ceilings/top of the walls can be amazing in some of the stores.

Trader Sam's tiki bar at the DLH! Take the monorail and get off at Downtown Disney then its a short walk over from there. It's very cool, but tiny inside. Sitting outside on the terrace is nice too, especially with the tiki torches lit up and the live music. Enjoy!

While in the Grand, try the HearthStone Lounge for morning coffee, light lunch, or a casual drink in the afternoon or evening. I discovered the best cup of Americana Coffee I have ever had at the Hearthstone(Better than Starbucks!). You will find me there several time a day while we are staying at the Grand::yes::

We did an anniversary trip to Disneyland this summer on the tail end of a road trip. Like you we stayed in the Grand.

We splurged on the Fantasmic dining package since there were only 2 of us instead of the usual 6. We had a nice meal at Steakhouse 55 (DH liked the menu better than Napa Rose).

We met characters we wanted to. We skipped most of Fantasyland and Toontown. We went back to the Grand for 3 hours every afternoon and swam, napped, collected evening MaxPasses, etc.

Moving through the parks with only 2 is so much easier than with a group in tow.

PHXscuba

Adult only trips are so awesome! Carthay Circle has a wonderful lounge as well. Tip: keep your eyes open. We always spot celebrities in there with their Plaid. Last time it was Samira Wiley (Orange is the New Black and Handmaids Tale). She was so gorgeous and lovely. Very genuine and sweet.

I hope you have a great time. I'd love to do a trip when our kids are older (only 15 and 14 now) and be able to take things at our own pace. I have to literally run to keep up with them now. They also have no appreciation for fine dining so we'd finally be able to enjoy some of the better quality food offered!

Have fun!

Just wanted to say I'm kind of jealous. My DH would only go to Disneyland if the kids were there, and even then it's to be part of a family thing and not because he likes it. I've brought it up a few times but he just looks at me like I would look at him if he suggested we go to a golf tournament together :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!