• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults eating children meals

noodlesmum

DIS Veteran
Hello! Some of you may remember me - I haven't been to DLP for 18 months :( but am now planning a last minute trip for us and some friends - leaving in 2 weeks!! :banana:

As this is a last min trip we are on a tight budget and one of my friends (not a big eater) has asked about this. Can Adults eat childrens meals? Mainly at lunch when eating CS but I would be interested to hear if anyone has had any experience of this at TS too?

I haven't ever done this before - and can appreciate it might be seen as a bit cheeky? But at WDW this summer we did it quite a bit due to not wanting a big lunch and it seemed to be the norm,

Interested to hear what you think :goodvibes

Well if you can get by on a child's lunch, i don't see why you just don't take a few extra rolls and croissants from the hotel at breakfast time etc. Would save you a few quid.

I don't think it would be possible at a table service meal, maybe for one of your party but not for all of you ..... but I see no reason at all why you couldn't eat children's counter service meals for every meal, after all no one knows who you're ordering for. I don't think it's cheeky - I've ordered a child's counter service meal before when I've wanted something to eat but haven't wanted an adult size meal.

Don't forget it's also much cheaper to eat at Val d'Europe - only one stop away on the RER.

I've ordered kids meals in counter service restaurants at DLP many times. They're much better value and are a great size for adults. I find that the adult portions are far too big.

Another option is to share an adults meal (at a CS). The pizza meal is particularly good for that as you get a large salad, a good sized pizza (10"?) a dessert and a drink. Easily enough for 2!

It's also worth mentioning the McDonalds in the village. It's pretty much the same price as in the UK.

You can also save money by eating a table service meal for lunch and a counter service meal for dinner as many of the restaurants have special lunch time menu's. The Walt's one is particularly popular.

At Cafe Mickey we sometimes split a pizza and chips between 2 and then share a dessert. It makes it a lot cheaper!

Thank you all for your replies! Is sharing a pizza frowned upon at Cafe Mickey? This sounds like a great money saver :thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes

noodlesmum said:
Thank you all for your replies! Is sharing a pizza frowned upon at Cafe Mickey? This sounds like a great money saver :thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes

Me and DH did in March it was no problem we shared a starter and a pizza. We plan to do it again next time as well x

At CS it shouldn't be a problem, but if I were you if you're planning on eating TS, call the restaurant and ask if they will let you have a children's meal for adult price. I know it doesn't save you any money or anything, but if its a fussy eater situation then it'd work out alright. We did it at BBWWS a couple years ago, there was no way I would eat the adult meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter