• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults at Character meals - opinion

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
I made a PS's for character dining (LLT at MK, Donald's at AK) but now I'm unsure. We are two adults, but I thought maybe it would be fun to have dinner with characters. What do you guys think? Should I stick with it or cancel my PS? DH could care less if we did one or not... then again breakfasts are $17.99 (kinda expensive for a breakfast even if it's a buffet) and dinners seem to be $22.99 or up (buffet or all you can eat types). But that seems like a normal price for a sit down dinner...

Also, due to our lack of car and itinerary breakfasts would be hard (getting up early, transporation on buses when a lot of breakfasts seems to be at other resorts, etc...) And I'm more into the traditional characters (mickey, minnie, goofy, etc) so if I do dine I'd prefer meal with them over princesses or pooh :)

I would stick with Donald's Breakfastasaurus, it's with traditional characters. Or if breakfast is too hard to make, maybe a dinner with traditional characters. The Garden Grill has a good one, when it reopens. You gotta do it at least once. It's fun interacting with the characters and watching them interact with the kids at other tables around you. We did the one at Garden Grill in December and it was just as fun watching the characters with the 3 cute little girls sitting next to us as it was interacting with the characters ourselves.

I'd stick with the PS's you have. 'Ohana breakfast also has Mickey/Goofy/Chip/Dale characters and is served family style.

BTW, DH and I do character meals every trip! Go and have fun!

Nothing wrong with adults at character meals...I just love them!! Stick with what you have...you'll have a wonderful time. Be sure to get autographs!

We're adults without children as well and LOVE the character breakfasts. We've gone to all of them and our favorite is the Crystal Palace in MK. That's because we love Pooh and company. We thought Chef Mickey's was great too but can get a little loud and rambunctious. However, we so enjoy watching the kids have a great time and seeing their little faces light up when the characters come over to sign autographs and take pics. Part of the magic of Disney and don't feel weird about it at all. Enjoy yourself, take a pic of yourself with the characters and you'll feel like a kid again!! :earsgirl:

i went to ohana for my 28th birthday last year!my mum and i had such a great time!big fuss from characters and cast members. :cheer2:
I even got a signed certificate with mickeys goffys and chip and dales signatures. :goodvibes

we dont have any kids and we love the character meals, cant wait to book them for next year

DH and I have no kids and dinner at LTT is our favorite character meal. I'd say stick with your plan and have a great time.

Ah, well, hate to be the dissenting opinion but I'd enjoy some "adult" meals like Artist Point. For breakfast, Boma is awesome!

Of course I have 2 small kids and often fantasize about meals without highchairs, sippy cups, food flying around me, you know.

I was at Chef Mickey's last weekend and I have to say for once it was a disappointment. There were less food offerings than at my others visits and so rushed. We were in and out in less than an hour.

We have eaten at LTT twice - once in October before MNSSHP and last November before MVMCP. We are two adults (although not grown up) in our mid 40. Both time we were with my parents (in their 70s) and we all loved it. The characters do stop by and we did pictures but it is not as crazy as say Chef Mickey's. It is great to have some character interaction but not having to wait on line. Also, if you like a traditional Thanksgiving dinner - LTT fits the bill - Turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, mac and cheese, ham, veggies, great rolls w/a like honey butter for them and a great cobler for desert. Enjoy and do not feel funny about not having any kids with you.
Linda

I recommend you don't cancel your meals. DH and I (both in our 40's) did the LTT dinner last year and had a great time. The characters did come over to our table a few times (Chip&Date, Minnie Mouse, Goofy). We enjoyed it very much. Their interaction with us was really funny.

We also enjoyed the families with children at the adjoining tables. They were very friendly and we took turns taking pictures of their complete family with the characters and they did the favor for us. It was a very enjoyable experience :earboy2:

Another vote for the character meals...always alot of fun. Be prepared for alot of commotion though!!! I agree with a previous poster...Crystal Palace is one of our faves. Have a great time!

I ate at Crystal Palace with a friend of mine (both early 20's), and although we didn't have autograph books or cameras with us, the characters still came over and spent some time, gave us hugs / hi-fives / etc. We didn't feel out of place.

(We also both enjoyed watching the smiles on the kids that were seated near us when they would get a hug from the characters. Smiles like that are part of what makes WDW so great)

Just DH and I, and we've done several character meals-CP, 1900 Park Faire, LTT. LTT was ny favorite.

As adults, we've done character meals at 1900 Park Faire and CP, this year we have booked LTT before MVMCP. I bring postcards for the characters to sign and we take lots of pictures.

Bobbi :flower:

My b/f and I (both 19) went to DW for Thanksgiving last November and ate at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. At first it seemed odd that were one of the only adults w/ out families there. We were both used to going to these places w/ our families...so when we went alone it was a wierd feeling. But...we had a GREAT time with the characters..I brought my autograph book and we got tons of pictures. There is nothing wrong at all with being a 'big' kid...I'll probbably be one forever!

Last year on our honeymoon we went to the Princess Storybook breakfst in Norway. Sure it was a bit awkward but it was so much fun. I think I'd do another character meal if my husband wanted to.

Do it! I've also booked LTT for dinner on my night at MVMCP and I'm psyched about it! I've been to character meals before and I NEVER even thought twice about doing this as an adult (31) and as a SOLO guest. So just remember that one of the best things about Disney is that we can all be kids again, even if our ages don't show it. :blush:

Fear not and have a great time!

I love character meals, even though it is just my husband and me with no kids! It's fun to feel like a kid again! We have never hesitated to do a character meals...after all, you're at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter