Adults and Solo Trips Central ** Updated 5/8/07

Hi I'm a new solo disney traveler I just got my alien green mickey head what do I do with it? cut it out pin it on or what? Thanks for the info! :scratchin :confused: :sail: :mickeyjum :goofy: :donald: :tink:

I laminated a couple, punched holes in them (reinforce the holes!) and turned them tags to hang on my luggage and fanny pack. I have actually had two people recognize them and stop me.

Oh ok my sister said she would put a hole in it and run a string through it and make it into a necklace. I didn't know if you should write your name or maybe disboards on it or what thanks! I like the laminated part of it!! :thumbsup2

Cheri

Heading to SSR on March 28-April 3. Then returning April 30-May 5 (picking up son at UFL). :thumbsup2

I've been a Diser for a year now but have never opened this thread before. I'm so desperately anxious to plan another trip but have nobody who will go with me. All the sister's have kids and even though I have 2, my hubby said he would take time off work so I could go. I tried all my friends but they don't have any Disney in them. (Yeah, right ! How could they be my friends then ! :confused3 )Anyway... Expedia.ca is having a good deal on flights in October. I asked my mother but she's headed down to Florida with one sister to her timeshare in April. I just don't have any luck ! I never thought about going solo before until I looked here. I would want to be sharing all the sights and rides and fabulous food with someone who appreciates Disney like I do. Has anyone ever met up with strangers and shared a holiday with them successfuly ? I would think it was very risky. What if you didn't click ? :goodvibes Elisa

Elisa,
I have never met up with anyone but most people are nice in disney! Last year I met a woman at the pool she was with her kids and husband, she told me how her husband had cancer and was doing treatments but they were making him sick so he decided to stop them and she didn't know if this was gonna be their last vacation together, but he felt good . So that is how he wanted his family to remember him! Thats what I would want! I wonder how they are doing? But what I'm trying to say is there are always people to talk to at disney most people are friendly and will talk to you and you can smile at the child who is having a fit cause he wants to go on buzz lightyear again and think thank goodness I don't have to deal with that! LOL! Ya know? I love going alone but would welcome company but there are plenty of people around to talk to. :jumping1: :goofy: :simba: :tigger: :mickeyjum :donald:

Elisa said:
I've been a Diser for a year now but have never opened this thread before. I'm so desperately anxious to plan another trip but have nobody who will go with me. All the sister's have kids and even though I have 2, my hubby said he would take time off work so I could go. I tried all my friends but they don't have any Disney in them. (Yeah, right ! How could they be my friends then ! :confused3 )Anyway... Expedia.ca is having a good deal on flights in October. I asked my mother but she's headed down to Florida with one sister to her timeshare in April. I just don't have any luck ! I never thought about going solo before until I looked here. I would want to be sharing all the sights and rides and fabulous food with someone who appreciates Disney like I do. Has anyone ever met up with strangers and shared a holiday with them successfuly ? I would think it was very risky. What if you didn't click ? :goodvibes Elisa
Have you considered the Disney cruise Elisa? We have a bunch of family and friends (most of us are single) going on the February 10, 2007 and would love to have one more. :grouphug: There's always so many activities and people that if you didn't click with any one person you could always meet up with others.

Thank you so much for the invitation and for the thought. That was very generous of you. I don't think I'd do the cruise ,as it's the parks I enjoy but I hope to do a cruise someday maybe for an anniversary.I hope you and the family have the best time , and that the weather is great too. :goodvibes Elisa

ELISA - I went solo for the first time last Oct. and it honestly was the best vacation I think I've ever had. :teeth: I have two teen boys who have as much interest as my husband in DW. :rolleyes2 I like to be alone though, so I can't speak for you as to how you'd enjoy it. I'm going solo again in October this year ~ to let you know how much I loved it. :cool1: If you want to talk more about it - let me know. I'll be there solo 9/30 - 10/9/06. :banana:

May Singles meets,
Hey, Budcollector, there are a bunch of dis singles who will be down there about that time, and several evening meets scheduled. Check elsewhere on this board for the specifics.

:banana:
Mom is will be 73 and left WDW last year in a wheelchair becuz she did all the waterslides and SPlash mountain 4 x in a row and messed up her back. We are taking a wild old lady tour! :rotfl: ( I am 49) Sept 26-Oct 4 to celebrate her birthday and because she took me to WDW 4 times. Its my turn dont chat think???
Any suggestions on how to keep MOm out of a wheelchair????? :confused3

Just made the reservations yesterday for POP. I am really excited about this trip :Pinkbounc Also brand new to this site, which I'm already addicted to. Now if I could only figure out how to get a trip counter thingy in my signature :confused3

budcollector said:
:woohoo: I'll be there for my first Christmas trip, Dec. 23-28 All Star Music :woohoo:

Be prepared for crowds. I've never gone over Christmas, but my aunt and uncle did in 2004 - said they never will again. Wall to wall people, waiting times in the hours for everything - did I say wall to wall people? Oh yeah. I've gone in early December - that way I get to see the Christmas decorations without the crowds being there. It was the perfect time to go!

sandy5764 said:
Be prepared for crowds. I've never gone over Christmas, but my aunt and uncle did in 2004 - said they never will again. Wall to wall people, waiting times in the hours for everything - did I say wall to wall people? Oh yeah. I've gone in early December - that way I get to see the Christmas decorations without the crowds being there. It was the perfect time to go!

I agree, the first week in December is great!! :banana:

it'll probably be the only time i go there for christmas, but it was just one of those things, i've heard and read alot about how nice it is down there that time of year, i just have to go and see it. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!