• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult only trip ?

Rachie B

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had a DLP trip without any children ?

We have just got back from a wkend trip ( myself and my son,plus my friend and her daughter)
we are seriously considering a girlie trip in Oct just the 2 of us (or more if any other of our friends want to come)

has anyone else done this ?!

would love to eat at some of the more adult / expensive restaurants :rotfl: and ride all the big rides etc

x

Yes! I don't have children yet so we always do adult trips.....I think even when I have children, I'll have to have two kinds of trips!

I went for my 18th with 3 friends and we had a great time, sharing bottles of wine over dinner, etc...and back then, there was hurricanes :lmao:

Now I go with my boyfriend almost every year and we love it. We can have lots of cocktails and spend a long time over a meal, get up late and, with the park opening quite late most of summer this is going to be even more fun :) You should do it !

I always go as part of a couple with no children and we just have the best time. Like Kittina we don't rush to the parks in the morning and enjoy long leisurely meals with plenty of cocktails and vino, shop until late in the Village and enjoy taking time out from stressful jobs and feeling like kids again for a few days. You'll have a great time with your friends - I'm sure it will become a regular thing for you! :goodvibes

Yes! I don't have children yet so we always do adult trips.....I think even when I have children, I'll have to have two kinds of trips!

I went for my 18th with 3 friends and we had a great time, sharing bottles of wine over dinner, etc...and back then, there was hurricanes :lmao:

Now I go with my boyfriend almost every year and we love it. We can have lots of cocktails and spend a long time over a meal, get up late and, with the park opening quite late most of summer this is going to be even more fun :) You should do it !

loving the sound of that ! :thumbsup2

cheap trip as we have got the free tickets with sky :) will stay @ The Kyriad again as loved it there
and gonna use my Avios points for flights

:banana:

I have been to DLP over 10 times and last week's visit was my first one with a child! :rotfl::lmao:

For me, I loved both and would not hesitate to go back on a girly trip or a romantic getaway again. Although, I'm not sure that DS would allow me to get away without taking her!

On my adult trips, it was nice to have good food, cocktails, enjoy the 'big' rides etc...

I always go as part of a couple with no children and we just have the best time. Like Kittina we don't rush to the parks in the morning and enjoy long leisurely meals with plenty of cocktails and vino, shop until late in the Village and enjoy taking time out from stressful jobs and feeling like kids again for a few days. You'll have a great time with your friends - I'm sure it will become a regular thing for you! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2
i'm sure it will :rotfl2:

x

I nearly always do adult only trips unless I take my niece & nephew. I go with some friends & we have a great time, able to stay in the parks later as no kids to worry about, get to eat later if we want or earlier.

Usually end the day with an evening in the bar:goodvibes

another couple without kids here- we love it and keep going back! great to enjoy the restaurants and bars at an adult pace (whether racing around or being lazy!)

Me and my partner (29 & 32 year old males) go at least twice a year.

Last year we got a Fantasy pass each so have been 3 times in 9mths!

If you take a longer trip you can do things at a slower pace. Like others have said you can get up late and stay up late.

We do all the usual park stuff (Rides, Parades, Character meals etc) but you can also enjoy a different side to Disney. Here are a few of our tips:

• Take in a concert at Billy Bob's
  • Enjoy a stroll around the lake, stopping for a beer or a glass of wine in one (or more!) of the hotel bars
  • Sip a cocktail whilst listening to the live pianist at Disneyland Hotel
  • Enjoy the live music at Hotel New York
  • Take the train and visit the sites of Paris (It's easier than you think!)
  • Train again to Valdeurope - Shopping then a bite in one of the restaurants

In WDW you see many more couples without kids, and a lot of senior couples visiting, though Americans do tend to be able to connect with their inner child better than us Europeans :laughing:

For me Disneyland isn't about kids, it's about escapism. We both have jobs that can be stressful, and Disneyland (or WDW) is the only place where we completely forget about work.

I went for my 18th with 3 friends and we had a great time, sharing bottles of wine over dinner, etc.

Adult Disney trips are great fun! :wizard: going with my mom and best friend next month, can't wait!

In all the times ive been, ive never been with a child!! Im going on Monday :-)cool1:) for the first time with a child! My DS who is 4.

twice ive been with just my friend, we had loads of fun! not rushed around rode all the bigger rides. drank loads of coffee during the day! Had a nap in the afternoon:rotfl2:
rode BTM in the dark!!! fab fab fab!!! - A must do:thumbsup2
Had lovely drinks in the SL at night.
My friend wanted to try Hurricanes but i didnt bring any dressy up clothes, so i would of felt under dressed! So we skipped that and just went SL.

I think its going to be a totally different experience for me going with a child this time! I cant wait, as i feel ive missed an awful lot out not being with a child! :)

Before we had children we would go to Paris every year and just do a day trip to Disney. I did once go on a dedicated Disney trip with my girlfriend which was a birthday treat. I also went with my brother and sister on a quick trip as neither had been in ages and wanted to go.

There's no shame in going without children. Walt wanted to create a place where people of all ages would come and have something to do. You see lots of people walking around without kids.

Been 3 times with kids and 3 times without, and each visit was as good as the last!

Thought it would be weird with no kids but, if I'm honest, we managed to get a lot more done and there is no "looks"

Anyway, we went to the bar at the New York Hotel which was fantastic! Very relaxing, very "mature" (which I must admit, I'm suprised suited us! :rotfl2:)

I went for my 18th with 3 friends and we had a great time, sharing bottles of wine over dinner, etc.
just looked at this thread and wondered why you quoted my earlier comment and didnt say anything? just a bit weirded out, is all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter