Adult only resorts

Are they any at Disney?

Not sure when you're planning to go but DH & I have had a few "adults only" Disney trips and loved each of them. We've stayed at BC, YC and CSR for all those trips and were never really bothered by kids. The beauty of all the resorts I've mentioned is that the main pools are huge so there are plenty of spots you could go to without having kids screaming in your ears - or at least that's been our experience. The other beauty is they all have quiet pools too which most kids don't tend to visit all that often.

The opposite issue has occurred in Las Vegas. In the 1990's Vegas attempted to attract families by building more family friendly resorts and activities and rebrand itself away from the adult only model. The concept was a flop. Vegas is an adults playground. For those that wish to vacation away from kids Disney is the last destination I'd pick!! I do not think there is enough demand to keep rooms filled at an adult only resort. If that time comes Disney will gladly meet the demand.

I wonder. WHile I have no desire to stay in an adults only resort, I think on trips that are with my friends rather than my family, I would book a an adults only meal in a heartbeat.

My husband and I love the BWI due to adult vibe. Have stayed there numerous times and have never seen a child at the quite pool and hot tub.
That is good to hear! I had planned to stay at YC again this trip but the kids are all adults and we need more space, which we can get at BWI. Isn't there an actual poolside bar there- the only one Disney has?
My family has always been on the quiet side and even the kids didn't want to stay at a noisy resort. YC worked really well for us. Hoping BWI does too. It looks a little more fun for them now that they are young adults.

That is good to hear! I had planned to stay at YC again this trip but the kids are all adults and we need more space, which we can get at BWI. Isn't there an actual poolside bar there- the only one Disney has?
My family has always been on the quiet side and even the kids didn't want to stay at a noisy resort. YC worked really well for us. Hoping BWI does too. It looks a little more fun for them now that they are young adults.
The main pool has a pool bar but the quite pool does not. It is set in a very pretty garden area with a small fountain next to it. All this and a hot tub too! It has always been our go to resort but this time we couldn't find a good price at the BWI so we are staying 2 nights at the WL and the rest of our week at the BC.

The main pool has a pool bar but the quite pool does not. It is set in a very pretty garden area with a small fountain next to it. All this and a hot tub too! It has always been our go to resort but this time we couldn't find a good price at the BWI so we are staying 2 nights at the WL and the rest of our week at the BC.
That seems a little backward but maybe one needs a good stiff drink to endure watching the clown spit out children all afternoon! Can you take a drink to the quiet pool?

I once stayed in Spain at an adults only resort (with adult dd)
Thinking we would prefer that...

However, I kind of missed occasional child voice and activities.
The night Times were hideous though-never again!

Disney has and probably always will be a destination designed for kids and families. Sure I'd love adult only resorts, restaurants, parks etc. but thats not what Disney is all about!!

Disney Cruise Line has adults only areas on their ships and their private island, Castaway Cay. It would be wonderful if they would have a few adults only restaurants, pools and a resort or two at Disneyworld as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter