ADR's made before DDP package?

annakris1973

Mouseketeer
Just got off the phone with a CM who told me that my ADR's that were made before booking our hotel/DDP package will not link up and we may not be able to use DDP with those ADR's. How is this possible? I know that anyone can make adr's at 180 days. However, why must you wait until you book your hotel package with dining plan to make adr's and be able to use the dining plan? Correct me if I am wrong, but can't DVC owners add the dining plan once they check in? So their adr's wouldn't be linked, would they? Why can't you just tell the ppl at the restaurants that you are on the DDP when you check in?

Hope that makes sense! Very frustrated!

That makes no sense to me! When I made my ADRs, I hadn't even booked my room at WL. I was still crunching discount numbers with my travel agent.

We are signed up for the Dining Plan, but won't be using it every night because we are doing a couple of signature meals that take two credits.

Let's hear from other people, but I think that the person you spoke to was woefully misinformed!

--pennyplanner

When I questioned him, he said...and I quote "That is what we were told to tell people." Hmmm. I think the powers that be are trying to keep alot of free dining wishers (of which I am one for sure) from booking everything at 180 days, leaving little available for when a free dining package is released. That is my conspiracy theory anyway.

I am a dvc member and have made reservations before I have added the dining plan. The only thing that can be a problem if it is one of the ones you have to pay for ahead of time (CRT, Luau, Hoop de doo) then you would have to pay up front and try to get it back. Unless this is a new policy I wouldn't worry about it. also I have called back to confirma reservations later and had them add my reservation #.

I am a dvc member and have made reservations before I have added the dining plan. The only thing that can be a problem if it is one of the ones you have to pay for ahead of time (CRT, Luau, Hoop de doo) then you would have to pay up front and try to get it back. Unless this is a new policy I wouldn't worry about it. also I have called back to confirma reservations later and had them add my reservation #.

Yep. Just happened to me today, actually. I'm a DVC member and we already have our hotel booked - but we haven't "added on" the dining plan yet. I had to pay out of pocket for Hoop Dee Doo for 8! (nearly $400) but was assured that I would get it all back once I added on the plan and paid for it at check in.

I agree that disney has seen an increase in problems with places to eat being completely booked once they announce free dining. In 2007 and 2008 while we were there on free dining - they had to open up lunch menus at certain places and were offering people to get 2 counter service in lieu of a TS and they were giving out lanyards if you cashed in some of your other credits...

As far as using DDP to pay, it makes no difference at all whether your restaurant reservations are linked to a resort reservation. All you have to do is say when you get to the restaurant that you are on a dining plan.

The only difficulty you may have with no reservation linked is that if you want to book CRT or a dinner show, you will have to pay for it in full and wait until you arrive and pay with dining credits to get that prepayment refunded (unless you are able to cancel the prepaid reservation and rebook it for the same date, time and party size when you do have a dining plan on your reservation).

As far as using DDP to pay, it makes no difference at all whether your restaurant reservations are linked to a resort reservation. All you have to do is say when you get to the restaurant that you are on a dining plan.

The only difficulty you may have with no reservation linked is that if you want to book CRT or a dinner show, you will have to pay for it in full and wait until you arrive and pay with dining credits to get that prepayment refunded (unless you are able to cancel the prepaid reservation and rebook it for the same date, time and party size when you do have a dining plan on your reservation).

That's exactly what I thought! I do have Hoop-de-doo and a Fantasmic package that I want to book, but I am actually going to wait until I make my reservations to do those, so I won't have to pay in full at booking. He underestimated the power of the Dis boards...and a WDW fanatic!!!

You don't have to pay in full for a Fantasmic package. That is just a credit card hold. You should go ahead and make that one ASAP. They go fast.

When I asked member services about adding DDP, she said I had to add it 48 hours before arrival.

We've never purchased DDP before, but are planning to for this trip. I don't think it will be a problem to use DDP for ADRs booked before we had DDP. When you check into the restaurnt, they always ask if you have DDP anyway, so we can tell them at that time.

Good luck! :)

I wonder if they said that because they are trying to use the Tier system for ADRs that everyone was talking about last year. I had heard mixed opinions as to whether Disney was actually doing it. We are DVC and when I do my ADRs online I do NOT check off the DVC box and I do NOT retrieve my hotel reservation. I had heard DVC was towards the bottom of the tier system so I never include that info. I just book the ADRs with my name and phone number and have never any problem using my dining credits.

I wonder if they said that because they are trying to use the Tier system for ADRs that everyone was talking about last year. I had heard mixed opinions as to whether Disney was actually doing it.

what is the Tier system? Do you know where can I find out more information about this?

I am glad to see this thread. I made all my ADR's this morning, online, and I used my DVC reservation #. I got everything I wanted, but did have to pay
OOP for my Hoop de Doo ADR. I will be adding the basic dining plan prior to checking in @ my DVC home. I am hoping I will be credited the almost 400.00
and my table service credits applied towards it. We are going to be offsite for 2 days { gotta check out Harry Potter }, and we'll have dining credits unused for those 2 days. My only question is...do different seating categories "cost" more credits? We have category 1 Hoop de Doo ADR's. Will those take more than 2 table service credits each?
And as far as the "tier" system regarding reservations, I thought DVC'ers were near the top. This is my first time making ADR's as a DVC owner.

I wonder if they said that because they are trying to use the Tier system for ADRs that everyone was talking about last year. I had heard mixed opinions as to whether Disney was actually doing it. We are DVC and when I do my ADRs online I do NOT check off the DVC box and I do NOT retrieve my hotel reservation. I had heard DVC was towards the bottom of the tier system so I never include that info. I just book the ADRs with my name and phone number and have never any problem using my dining credits.

We were told last year that DVC members and AP holders were at the top of the tiers and had better chances at tables. A GS CM at EPCOT was our "soruce"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter