• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR's frying my brain!

adr2.8i

Back from the magic....and now hooked!
Hi everyone.

HELP!

Going to DLP for 5-9th December and we cant for the life of us agree on what times to eat because we have no idea what times everything is happening, shows, parades, lighting the xmas tree, park hours even ...etc etc...

We have never booked restaurants in advance as we have never been during busy periods, do you think we need to book in advance during this time in December?

We would ideally like to see the schedule of events so we can plan around them, what if i book meals for say 6pm every night and we end up missing events/parades etc??!

I cant seem to find out the opening times of restaurants either!

We want to eat at BBWWS, inventions, Auberge and CM so do we risk it and try and book them when we arrive and have had time to have a gander through the schedule of events? or book now and hope that we dont miss anything important??

Its stressing me out now!!

Help!! Advice!! Pretty please!!!

Hi! I've been around that time before and the parks were pretty dead as the schools hadn't broke up yet.

Last year the Christmas parade was on several times through out the day so you should be fine for that either way. I can't remember what time the tree lighting was though - I think it was around 30-60min before Dreams.

Personally I would book the later showing of BBWWS, that way you know at least one night you definitely won't miss anything in the parks as they'll close before the showing. I think you'll have to book that for either the 5th or the 6th.

I would check the programme online in November once Christmas starts because the opening times are the same i'd imagine the schedule will be the same for December.

The park closes at at 19:00 so that's when Dreams will be. The main parade is generally at 17:30. The Christmas parade is on several times a day, similar to the Halloween parade. I can't recall tree lighting and if it's on more than once, I'll check my trip report and see if I've taken note or if I have an old schedule.

We went at this time a few years ago for only 2 nights and done absolutely loads of stuff as the rides were mostly walk on. But I would definitely book in advance for your choices as they're popular and more and more people now have the HB vouchers so these may get busy.

I'd also do BBWWS at 21:30, Inventions 19:30 and the other two during park hours so that you're not eating late every night. It will also be chilly so maybe you'll want to have an early dinner one or two nights.

Just read through my tr from 2013 and the parade is a bit earlier I think, probably 17:00. The tree lighting was at 18:25.

We have been at that time for the past 2 years and didn't book in advance. We had an idea where we wanted to eat and what time and went to the hotel concierge on the first day and booked them all.
The trip 2 years ago we went to Inventions but couldn't get the time we wanted so had to eat later so it might be worth trying to book this at least.
Auberge will probably have to be at lunch time as I can't see it being open for evening.
Cafe Mickey might also get busy in the evenings if the park closes so you could book this in advance or go for lunch time.

If you don't want to wait til you get there you will probably be able to wait til a couple of weeks before you go by which time you will know what time the parades etc are and what time the restaurants are open

I use this site to check restaurant hours which only goes up to end Oct at the moment but will be updated nearer the time. Ive always found it pretty accurate

Brilliant, thanks for the replies!!

one thing for sure is that the boss, i mean wife, has categorically ruled out the later showing of BBWWS. Its a bit late for young uns, my daughter especially will be knackered by half 9 thats for sure and thats before the show has even started!
im thinking of doing the show on the first day we arrive, we wont get to disney until early afternoon with the eurostar, and time we check in at the HNY, it wont be far off the 6.30 showing. maybe have a few hours in the park before the show just chilling in the summer breeze ;-)

interesting point regarding the auberge. i didnt think that it wont be open in the evenings. so a daytime visit would indeed free up an evening.

cant wait to see the schedule now and get it all sorted.

Can I be devil's advocate and ask do you really want to do CM as well as Inventions? I've just do Inventions - CM will likely have the same characters but with inferior food.... just a thought!

C x

We want to eat at BBWWS, inventions, Auberge and CM
I concur with the above. I would play safe and book Inventions. I wouldn't do both Auberge and CM, I think its basically a bad restaurant with characters. Inventions is starting to be the toughest reservation to get, even so, a couple of weeks out should be fine as you are not in the half term hell.

i understand what your both saying, its just that the kids have always loved cafe mickey on previous visits and its like a family tradition now, but we have never tried the other restaurants and we thought we would "play it safe" with one restaurant that we know the kids like.

Its not set in stone so we are open to any other ideas you may have? chez remy maybe instead? bearing in mind my kids are super fussy eaters :-(

Its not set in stone so we are open to any other ideas you may have? chez remy maybe instead? bearing in mind my kids are super fussy eaters :-(

Chez Remy is really good. Its pretty simple food as well for kids (Pasta/Dips with Veg from memory). I didn't highlight it because all your original ones are character meals, Remy is a themed restaurant in decor only, there are no characters.

But the wine flight is pretty good......

i understand what your both saying, its just that the kids have always loved cafe mickey on previous visits and its like a family tradition now, but we have never tried the other restaurants and we thought we would "play it safe" with one restaurant that we know the kids like

That's a good a reason as any, if you and the kids like it, go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter