• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADRs for Aug - surprisingly easy to get!

holden

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW in Aug (21-28) but not staying on site. I have been booking our dinners/lunches each morning and have gotten everything we wanted so far! Only one more morning to get up early to book. Le Cellier for lunch? No problem. Ohana for dinner? No problem. HDDR - every time to choose from. I'm so glad free dining hasn't been announced yet!

I know they are much easier to get this year. Last year was a nightmare at 90 days out. I got some late times and it took me almost 2 months looking for cancellations constantly online to get all of my reservations to where i wanted them. It was such a great experience this time around. I made my initial reservations last Tuesday and because of the great availability i was able to change a few things around very easily. Now i dont have to spend the next 6 months looking for cancellations

You are so right.

My 180 (or190 because we are on site) ADR day was Monday and I had it marked on the calendar so I wouldn't have a problem getting what we want. Last year this same week ADRs were hard to get.

Unfortunately, Monday my dad had to go to the hospital and have emergency heart bypass surgery. So I completely missed making the ADRs. This kind of thing really helps you remember how unimportant vacation dining is, doesn't it? Puts it all in perspective.

Anyway, now that he's stable and doing very well, I thought I'd take a minute and see what's still available. Five days past my 180 day mark, and everything was available! Not only that, but you know how they also offer other available ADR's you might like at the bottom of the page? Well, CRT 9:20 breakfast was one of them! I was surprised- is it less popular now than it used to be? We've been twice and both times I had to time my call down to the second to get it.

Yes, they are much easier to come by at 180 days out, I"m sure there are many that either don't know it changed or are not organized 180 days out to make all ressies. Anyhow, for now, adr's are easy at 180 days out, for the most part. It's nice, but my park hours were not released when I made adr's, so that made it more of an educated guessing game. Ended up making more changes than usual.

Made our ressies this week. Love the 180 day ressie system so much more than the 90 day system. Was able to get everything we wanted and even able to get Le Cellier twice.

scjo68 - I'm glad your dad is doing well. My dad had a triple bypass about two years ago while we were in WDW. It was a long recovery, but he's doing great now and going with us to WDW in Aug. Hope your dad has a speedy recovery!

You are so right.

Unfortunately, Monday my dad had to go to the hospital and have emergency heart bypass surgery. So I completely missed making the ADRs. This kind of thing really helps you remember how unimportant vacation dining is, doesn't it? Puts it all in perspective.

Anyway, now that he's stable and doing very well, I thought I'd take a minute and see what's still available. Five days past my 180 day mark, and everything was available! Not only that, but you know how they also offer other available ADR's you might like at the bottom of the page? Well, CRT 9:20 breakfast was one of them! I was surprised- is it less popular now than it used to be? We've been twice and both times I had to time my call down to the second to get it.
I kept thinking before my day was here that i prayed nothing would get in the way of me making my dining reservations.
Im glad your dad is doing well. Thats great you were able to get what you wanted!

I also had no problem at all. I just booked this week for June 27-July 4th....everything I put in was available. Ohana's 6:30 dinner , Chef Mickey 9:00 breakfast...HDDR - all times/dates/categories available..very peculiar...:rolleyes:

I agree!! It is easier at 180d! I made our ADRs last May at the 90d mark (before the online system took effect) and it was very stressful. I had to flip park touring days just for Le Cellier. Oh well,it worked out then.

I made my ADRs this past Tuesday for the first part of our split stay. 20min and all done! I will make the ADRs for the second part of our trip tomorrow morning. Can't wait!:wizard:

Had no problem booked everything online. 180 days much better then 90 days. :cool1:

Since we are staying offsite, I have gotten up at 6am each morning this week to book ressies. WE got everything we wanted:

8/21 - Sanaa 5:10pm
8/22 - The Wave 5:50pm
8/23 - Ohana 5:30pm
8/24 - HDDR 5pm
8/25 - LeCellier 1pm; Coral Reef 6:20pm
8/26 - Donald's Safari Breakfast 8:10am; Cali Grill 7:40pm (just DH & me)
8/27 - we are trying LaLuce at our hotel - it's gotten many great reviews!

I got within 10min. of the times we wanted for everything. Could this be a sign that it won't be very crowded???? (not that we've encountered crowds this time of year, but even less people would be great)

Now if the temps could stay in the 80's....

my 180 day mark was yesterday and I was able to get everything for a party of 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter