ADR's are set! Feedback...?

lindzegurl

Earning My Ears
We leave for WDW in 2 weeks!! :cool1: I rearranged a few days to match our current itinerary....what do you think?

First WDW family vacation: me, Dh, DS (4) DD (8mo) We have the Disney Dining Package (1 table meal/day)

Thurs - afternoon arrival to the Beach Club Villas. Dinner at Cape May Cafe
Friday- Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (MK Park day) (2 credits)
Sat- Dinner at Tutto Italia (Epcot park day)
Sun- Animal Kingdom (no table service this day)
Mon- (MK Park again) (no table service this day) (DHS EMH)
Tues- (DHS park day) Dinner at Flying Fish Cafe (2 credits)
Wed- (Epcot park day again) Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Thurs- departure day :confused: We will be leaving mid morning so was just planning on using counter service/snack credits for breakfast foods.

Okay, I'm confused. If you are staying 7 nights you have 7 TS credits. Looks like you are 2 credits over. Are you paying OOP for one of these meals or are you talking Yak&Yeti counter service?

I was over- didn't realize it until I had it all written down in the post.

The "Unofficial Guide to WDW 2010" has Flying Fish Cafe listed as just 1 Dinind Plan Credit (pg 486) but from the boards and calling Disney to verify, I realized it is 2 credits. My husband thinks it will be worth it so we are trying it out.

I just cancelled the Yak&Yeti TS lunch for our day at Animal Kingdom. After I just got all excited about being able to book it earlier today!

Will you have Hopper tickets... 'cause I noticed you are eating in a different park than you plan to spend the day in.

Sounds good. Enjoy!

I still count up 8 TS credits you are using. Are you staying 7 or 8 nights or paying OOP for one?

We leave for WDW in 2 weeks!! :cool1: I rearranged a few days to match our current itinerary....what do you think?

First WDW family vacation: me, Dh, DS (4) DD (8mo) We have the Disney Dining Package (1 table meal/day)

Thurs - afternoon arrival to the Beach Club Villas. Dinner at Cape May Cafe
Friday- Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (MK Park day) (2 credits)
Sat- Dinner at Tutto Italia (Epcot park day)
Sun- Animal Kingdom (no table service this day)
Mon- (MK Park again) Dinner at Hollywood & Vine (DHS EMH)
Tues- (DHS park day) Dinner at Flying Fish Cafe (2 credits)
Wed- (Epcot park day again) Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Thurs- departure day :confused: We will be leaving mid morning so was just planning on using counter service/snack credits for breakfast foods.

BC has been our "Resort of Choice" for the last 3 visits....so let me know if you have questions...DS18 and I will be at BCV for May...
THurs: Done DInner at Cape May Cafe3x now...not a "Destination" restaurant..but I do think you will enjoy it with the kids....
FRI: LOVE CRT! Done Dinner 10+ times...but Think the Breakfast is a Great idea!
Sat: Not done Tutto
Sun: CS: I'm suggesting Y&Y or Flame Tree CS based on Reviews here
MON: If it is an MK day...why heading to DHS? At any rate...H&V is good for the age of your kids...they have a great Kids Buffet..and "Make your own Sundae BUffet".... ALthough H&V gets blasted on here a lot... it does have it's applications.... We've done H&V about 4-5 times now...

I'm thinking CHef Mickey's would do better for MK day... and FLying FIsh for Epcot day but perhaps you couldn't make that happen...

ONe thing that worries me is for folks to make too many hopping plans... IMHO....my vacations are TOO SHORT to spend too much time transporting...so the fewer "HOPS" you make the BETTER!

Have a magical visit ....

Mary

we do have hopper passes and yes, i'm counting 8 total credits too. Those darn 2 credit meals!

I really want to keep the Cinderella's Royal Table. We are the first am seating at 8:05am on our first full day in the park. I just think it will kick they day off with the magic of Disney and we will be in the park right when it opens.

So, I guess I have to look at cancelling 1 of the reservations or paying out of pocket for 1 of them. Which would make more sense? We are staying at the BCV and will have food in our room so I can cook meals there.

Do any of the restaurants I've picked use a counter service as well?

I'd either pay OOP for Cape May since it is probably the least expensive or cancel H&V based on reviews.

None of those restaurants offer counter service. As a general rule , I oppose cooking on vacation.:lmao:

Have a great trip!

I'd cancel H&V, or pay OOP for a breakfast one day. We're eating at H&V only because we got the Fantasmic package. We've eaten there before for the character lunch, but there are no characters at dinner, I believe. Without the Fantasmic VIP seats or characters, I would choose counter service at DHS and use the extra credit for CRT.

Thanks for the advice! I re-read reviews of H&V...and cancelled. I think I FINALLY have the math right!!

Agree with H&V as a F! dinner package... The only other reason I'd eat there is if we were back with the entire family...and a buffet is the best way to please everyone. I do think it's good for little kids as well...esp. with the "Make your own Sundae Buffet"...

I was going to suggest Cancelling Cape May and doing Beaches & Cream OOP....but since you've already cancelled H&V...(without F!) ...I guess that makes sense...

Hugs,
Mary

PS: I've eaten at Cape May Dinner Buffet 3x....and H&V 4-5x...and they are VERY SIMILAR... Cape May does have mussels and clams (and some new seafood) but H&V has the Make Your Own Sundae... Both have a "Kids BUffet" and the standard "Carving Station, Disney mashed potatoes, fish, etc"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter