ADR TS vs New QS options

JustinS30

Mouseketeer
Early stages (very) for my September 2020 trip, and I was curious as we haven’t been to WDW in a few years and I’m learning about a lot of the improved QS options being offered around the WDW. Is anybody starting to opt to not book ADR’s for TS restaurants in lieu of planning to eat QS more due to the increased selection??

This is an idea that I’ve began toying around with. I don’t think I’d replace ALL TS restaurants, as it will be our honeymoon so we will want to splurge a few times to celebrate, which will still require ADR’s. For comparison we used to do 1 TS and 1 QS per day and typically breakfast in the room.

Anyone try strategies such as this, or are the new and improved QS options worth it? As it stands currently we’ll be paying out of pocket for food and will have APs during the trip.

There are QS restaurants that satisfy me just as much, if not more than some TS restaurants. We've done trips that were just QS, and others that were heavier on TS. I have no problem eating QS most of the trip, with a few TS sprinkled in. It really can be a relief knowing we don't have to be at an ADR at a specific time, and there have been times when we've been waiting 20 or 30 minutes to be seated after checking in for an ADR that I wish we had just gone with QS.

There are QS restaurants that satisfy me just as much, if not more than some TS restaurants. We've done trips that were just QS, and others that were heavier on TS. I have no problem eating QS most of the trip, with a few TS sprinkled in. It really can be a relief knowing we don't have to be at an ADR at a specific time, and there have been times when we've been waiting 20 or 30 minutes to be seated after checking in for an ADR that I wish we had just gone with QS.

Thank you to both of you! I appreciate the opposing viewpoints as well. I’m having that internal debate. And also considering trying something new!

If you don't mind sharing, what are some great QS spots.

Pending what exactly your tastes are: but to name a few IMO in no particular order:

Woody’s Lunch Box (DHS)
Be Our Guest for Lunch (MK although admittedly this requires ADR still)
Sauti’li Canteen (AK)
Flame Tree Grill, (AK, have read it’s hit or miss pending the day however)
Contempo Cafe (Contemporary)
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Columbia Harbor House (MK)
D-Lux Burger (DS)
Beaches n Creme (Beach Club)

I will say that most of these (exceptions Beaches n Creme and Sunshine Seasons) are based off of reading menus and reviews. But a common theme I tend to be finding is massive expansion of the QS menus. It’s no longer the hot dog, hamburger, or chicken tenders option. So depending what you like, do a little research and you may find plenty more you are interested in.

Last trip, our group fell in love with Yesake Sushi in Disney Springs. If you like the new trend of bowls with lots of veggies, this is a great choice - about $10 per bowl with a ton of filling food. I would happily pay OOP for this too. Our tuna bowls were filled with a large portion of ahi tuna. My kids chicken bowls were a huge portion too - they didn't skimp. Great that we could customize each bowl with unlimited toppings so we could accommodate my pickier kids too.

my bf prefers not to eat too much so i'm not even booking any TS for our September 2019 trip. just gonna drag him to Yak & Yeti since I've been missing it!!! but i think it will work for us coz we are primarily gonna be ending our day in Epcot for the Food & Wine festival.

Pending what exactly your tastes are: but to name a few IMO in no particular order:

Woody’s Lunch Box (DHS)
Be Our Guest for Lunch (MK although admittedly this requires ADR still)
Sauti’li Canteen (AK)
Flame Tree Grill, (AK, have read it’s hit or miss pending the day however)
Contempo Cafe (Contemporary)
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Columbia Harbor House (MK)
D-Lux Burger (DS)
Beaches n Creme (Beach Club)

I will say that most of these (exceptions Beaches n Creme and Sunshine Seasons) are based off of reading menus and reviews. But a common theme I tend to be finding is massive expansion of the QS menus. It’s no longer the hot dog, hamburger, or chicken tenders option. So depending what you like, do a little research and you may find plenty more you are interested in.

Beaches and cream is not a QS location. This is a TS. Carry out ice cream is a snack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!