ADR reservation start times

Nfatuated

Earning My Ears
Thought I’d share that today was my 180 and got up at 3:40 AM (west coast) to make my reservations. I was surprised to see I was able to make all my reservations at that time and had all my bookings completed by 3:55am with no problems getting any restaurant at any time over spring break. Not sure if this is normal but hope this info helps another get the reservations they want.

Am I calculating correctly?
You got online at 0640 am our time?
So, you were actually 40 minutes PAST your allowed booking time.
You were very lucky, in that no one else was trying those specific times on those specific days.

Am I calculating correctly?
You got online at 0640 am our time?
So, you were actually 40 minutes PAST your allowed booking time.
You were very lucky, in that no one else was trying those specific times on those specific days.

? Since 7 AM is when you can book not sure how I was lucky in the way you describe? Am I missing something? I booked at 3:40AM Pacific which would be 6:40Am. Edit- just saw it was a 6AM start. Well my travel agent is pretty much useless.

Yes, for dining it is 6 am online, 7 am on phone. It is 7 am for FP as an FYI for your 60 day mark. Glad you were able to get what you wanted! :)

? Since 7 AM is when you can book not sure how I was lucky in the way you describe? Am I missing something? I booked at 3:40AM Pacific which would be 6:40Am. Edit- just saw it was a 6AM start. Well my travel agent is pretty much useless.

I would let your TA know how useless he or she is. You are lucky because for some ADR's depending on the length of your stay, you need to be online at 6 on the nose, ready to punch the button. I am glad you got teh ADR's you wanted, however your TA should be ashamed about hte bad information you were given.

Agreed about the TA,
I've been blessed with my very first TA who was THE BEST TA ON THE PLSNET!
I had to switch, she "retired her ears" but, my newest TA is very knowledgeable and helpful.
Try getting a Disney specific TA...
Also, in all my cases, I've just given my FP and ADR list with dates and times to my TA. They do the get up at "stupid early" so I don't have to. I have ALWAYS gotten what I wanted. And NEVER missed getting exactly what I needed.
That's the beauty of having a TA .
If, however, I change my mind, I then do all the switcheroos by myself.

I made the same stupid mistake and this is not my first rodeo lol. Not sure how I didn't remember that online was earlier. I just happened to go set up my tablet at like 6:30am and I saw my days open and had that o S*** moment! Luckily I still got everything I wanted for our early May 2019 trip.

I made the same stupid mistake and this is not my first rodeo lol. Not sure how I didn't remember that online was earlier. I just happened to go set up my tablet at like 6:30am and I saw my days open and had that o S*** moment! Luckily I still got everything I wanted for our early May 2019 trip.
I don't think anyone except us Disers are up at 0600 EST to book ADRs, and that's a good thing!

Last edited:
I don't think anyone except us Disers are up at 0600 EST to book ADRs, and that's a good thing!

I won't make that mistake again! Crazy thing is that I did wake up early when at my 180 day for our December 2017 trip and it was hard to find stuff when the window opened. I guess early May is not as busy as the 2nd week of December.

I won't make that mistake again! Crazy thing is that I did wake up early when at my 180 day for our December 2017 trip and it was hard to find stuff when the window opened. I guess early May is not as busy as the 2nd week of December.
That's our usual week to go, and missing this year because we're going in February. I've ALWAYS gotten exactly what I wanted that week. Maybe it's getting harder this year? We've also been able to book our fast passes for exactly when we wanted them. I love that week in December.

That's our usual week to go, and missing this year because we're going in February. I've ALWAYS gotten exactly what I wanted that week. Maybe it's getting harder this year? We've also been able to book our fast passes for exactly when we wanted them. I love that week in December.
This year perhaps with last January's closing of Narccossee's brunch, CG's is getting "tight boogy" for the Thanksgiving week and last 2 weeks of December. Hate that much. For FPs I just bit the bullet for Thanksgiving week and paid the extra cost for them via CL. Probably the last year for a few DGD will be there (she wants to continue camping) so decided to suck it up and make that trip effortless. Haven't booked any FPs and fewer ADRs for our Decembr trip since she won't be w/ us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!