ADR question

pep

Earning My Ears
Hi all I've got most of the reservations I want but I made a mistake on the first few I think. I made them for party of 4 adults when we are a party of 4 adults plus 1 infant so called disney and had varying responses one cast member said keep trying to add the extra infant and one said she could update the reservations with a note saying add a high chair. I will keep trying to add the extra infant up till the day before and then was thinking call into the reasturants and ask if there will be a problem and if so I will just cancel. Guess what I'm trying to ask is has anyone done across this problem before and how did it turn out

Personally I wouldn't worry. I am sure they will accommodate you.

Worst case show up and if they won't take your infant ask the person at the front to look after them. That should get quick action. :)

Hi all I've got most of the reservations I want but I made a mistake on the first few I think. I made them for party of 4 adults when we are a party of 4 adults plus 1 infant so called disney and had varying responses one cast member said keep trying to add the extra infant and one said she could update the reservations with a note saying add a high chair. I will keep trying to add the extra infant up till the day before and then was thinking call into the reasturants and ask if there will be a problem and if so I will just cancel. Guess what I'm trying to ask is has anyone done across this problem before and how did it turn out

Unfortunately, our culture these days is one of do what I want regardless of the cost to others, and apparently there have been enough people who couldn't get an ADR for the # they wanted to show up and ask to add others on the day of, that Disney now very often will NOT accommodate you even though yours is an honest mistake.

It's not always a matter of room for the high chair or another chair at the table as it is a matter of fire code where everyone with a heartbeat must be counted.

Keep trying to change the ADRs on your own, as well as call in once or twice a week to see if they can change it. If you still have some you can't change, go by the restaurant sometime before your ADR and explain.

Thanks for the replies I'll keep trying, don't go till may. If there is a problem I'll just cancel and go eat somewhere else . Although it will be nice to eat at rose and crown beaches and cream and ohana, the reasturants in question it won't ruin my vacation if we can't.

They can turn you away or have you wait a very long time. I’ve seen it happen. There IS a chance you’d be accommodated but that depends on the restaurant, time of day, who else is waiting, fire codes, and the CMs involved. That’s a lot of variables and in the end you may be turned away and charged the $10 per person cancellation fee.

Beaches & Cream is a very small restaurant where adding a high chair at the last minute might not be possible because they can’t block aisles and such. In general restaurant seating is configured to accommodate a set number of people, so the 4-top you would have fit at, you now won’t fit at with a 5th person and so you’d have to wait until something else opens up, which isn’t fair to the party behind you.

Keep trying for an ADR to fit your entire party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter