ADR issues in December

nsimonlsu

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Has anyone else had issues finding reservations for mid December? 12/12-18 to be exact. We are a party of 7 but we can't find anything even when I just put 2 people. I hope there is a glitch because we have only been able to get 1 reservation for our entire trip.

Thanks!

Hi all! Has anyone else had issues finding reservations for mid December? 12/12-18 to be exact. We are a party of 7 but we can't find anything even when I just put 2 people. I hope there is a glitch because we have only been able to get 1 reservation for our entire trip.

Thanks!
You're kind of late for ADRs. Especially for popular restaurants. Try looking for party of 8, as well as sign up for Touring Plans ADR finder. Good luck. You may need to just keep checking. More should become available that week as people shed their not wanted/not needed ADRs.
Good luck,!

You're kind of late for ADRs. Especially for popular restaurants. Try looking for party of 8, as well as sign up for Touring Plans ADR finder. Good luck. You may need to just keep checking. More should become available that week as people shed their not wanted/not needed ADRs.
Good luck,!

Yeah, we are a bit late. Kinda of a last minute trip but I didn't think it would be this difficult to get a reservation. I signed up for Touring Plans and one other one to get alerts. Hopefully, we can get a few more reservations. Thanks!

Keep looking and don't be afraid to book ADR's for two parties of 4 or one for 3 and one for 4 as an alternative to the larger party. People will be changing and tweaking their plans, especailly as they book their fast passes.

Thanks, that's what I have been trying to do but there is nothing. I believe the system is having issues today because I can't even search for any reservations. I figured once people can book fast passes things will open up. Fingers crossed lol

Where are you looking?? I would try places in hotels and DS for adrs right now so you have a few just in case.. places like trails end. Cape may cafe always show up.. then do touring plans for places in the park. I am going from the 8th-14th and even doing my adrs at 180+5 was tough!!!

Definitely system issues today - I just got an error message that said "Dining reservations are currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later."

I've tried Cape May and nothing lol. I was able to snag a Candlelight Processional for Chefs de France as our only ADR. I hope this doesn't mean that the parks will be crazy crowded

Try open table. Definitely space in Disney Springs. I just looked on the 17th. Several options. Must have been a glitch. What are you looking for?

If you do search reservations in Disney site I'm finding places for 7 during that time period... if you want to message me maybe I can help!

You're going during free dining.
I'm going December 7-11 and I made my ADR's the day my window opened which was 2+ months ago.
I am not surprised you're have a difficult time.
My advice is to just keep checking.
My friend has had luck with Touring Plans ADR finder but you have to be able to see the email and grab the ADR within just a few minutes or it will likely be gone and then you have to try all over again.

I've tried Cape May and nothing lol. I was able to snag a Candlelight Processional for Chefs de France as our only ADR. I hope this doesn't mean that the parks will be crazy crowded

The parks will likely become a bit more crowded towards the end of your stay but for the most part the reason you've having a hard time is because of free dining. Free dining really effects restaurants but not overall park attendance.

Thanks, everyone! I completely forgot about free dining. We have two small kids (3yo and 1 yo) with us so it would be difficult to go from the parks to DS for lunch or dinner. We are looking for 'Ohanna dinner, a Character breakfast, and Be Our Guest lunch. I know those are difficult but just surprised that I can't even find reservations for 2 or 3 people. I signed up for the Touring Plans ADR tracker and another free one so hopefully something pops up.

If you do search reservations in Disney site I'm finding places for 7 during that time period... if you want to message me maybe I can help!

I've been searching most of the day but the system has been down. Also, I don't think I have enough post to message you but I would appreciate some help. We would really like a character breakfast just once either in the park or a resort.

I dont know where you are staying... but a fun night would be after Magic Kingdom.. especially if it is a party night and you aren't attending is to take the boat to fort wilderness... go to trails end buffet (you can definitely get an ADR there) and then go to Chip & Dale's campfire sing along. We are thinking of doing that out arrival night. That is sort of like a character meal (and free!) And the. they play a movie under the stars!

Another idea... if you are going to AK and want to go to rainforest cafe.. get a Landrys card for $25 now.. you will get a $25 gift card.. you dont need an ADR.. just show your card when you get there and they will seat you. Its lot a character meal.. but it's pretty awesome inside.

Those are 2 of my ideas with big groups!!! Where are you staying?

BOG and OHana are 2 of the hardest to get... so dont be disappointed.. just keep trying and do a TP search.

I dont know where you are staying... but a fun night would be after Magic Kingdom.. especially if it is a party night and you aren't attending is to take the boat to fort wilderness... go to trails end buffet (you can definitely get an ADR there) and then go to Chip & Dale's campfire sing along. We are thinking of doing that out arrival night. That is sort of like a character meal (and free!) And the. they play a movie under the stars!

Another idea... if you are going to AK and want to go to rainforest cafe.. get a Landrys card for $25 now.. you will get a $25 gift card.. you dont need an ADR.. just show your card when you get there and they will seat you. Its lot a character meal.. but it's pretty awesome inside.

Those are 2 of my ideas with big groups!!! Where are you staying?

BOG and OHana are 2 of the hardest to get... so dont be disappointed.. just keep trying and do a TP search.

I am staying at POP with one sister and my other sister, her husband, 2 kids, and inlaws will be staying at AOA. Chip & Dale's campfire sounds wonderful! My niece loves them, so we will definitely try that out. I was able to get Cape May breakfast for 3 and there is another one for 4 but the system is acting up again :headache:. We have MVMCP scheduled for 12/16 and may just look at the resort decorations before the party.

Thanks again for the great ideas! I'm sure we will be able to get more later on.

Thanks, everyone! I completely forgot about free dining. We have two small kids (3yo and 1 yo) with us so it would be difficult to go from the parks to DS for lunch or dinner. We are looking for 'Ohanna dinner, a Character breakfast, and Be Our Guest lunch. I know those are difficult but just surprised that I can't even find reservations for 2 or 3 people. I signed up for the Touring Plans ADR tracker and another free one so hopefully something pops up.

Unfortunately, you are trying for 2 of the most popular restaurants on property. ‘Ohana & BOG book pretty much book up completely very close to the 180 day mark. You might want to book some alternatives while you keep looking. Maybe try sit down lunches or off times, like 4:00 dinners & resort restaurants that are close to the park you will be in. Good luck.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter