ADR available for party of 4, but not 3?

S.o.N.D.

Earning My Ears
Trying to get ADR for 1900 Park Fair for next spring at 5:30 for a party of three. The only ADR available is for 4:35 (no thanks) on the day I want. However, when I look for a party of four at the same time, it says they have availability at both 5:25 and 5:40 (either time I'd take). How can they have availability for a party of four, but not three? Am I missing something?

That's strange....as 3 is usually the same as four. Just take the one you want. When you get to the place, just tell them you are three.

Its not uncommon to have trouble finding an ADR for an odd number. Especially if trying to get an ADR for a solo traveler.
Just get an ADR for 4 and show up with 3, you will be fine.

The Disney reservation system has a quirk that wants to fill every seat at a table. Since most restaurants only have tables with an even number of seats it is often harder for an odd numbered group to find a table. When you input 3 the system skips over the available 4 tops, but if you "add" a 4th person the system will often suddenly "find" available tables. Go ahead and book the table for 4 and when you arrive at the restaurant just let the host/hostess know that there will be just 3. You will not be charged for the "missing" 4th person as long as at least one person shows up for the reservation.

Adding a person to make an even number will often help find a table. You need to include everyone in your group so don't subtract a person and look for a smaller number than your actual group size.

You can also use Touring Plans reservation finder-- I've had success with 3 person reservations found with that tool very often

You will be fine showing up with three, but if it makes you feel better, just modify the adr in the app to three people.

I have this issue all the time as a solo traveler. I can find all kinds of reservations for 2, but not 1. So, I just book the reservation for two and then immediately modify it down to one. Works almost every time. And when it doesn't I just let them know when I arrive that it's only 1, no problem.

back in 2010 my niece came with us to WDW and became sick midway through the trio. at first we took turns staying in room with her but then she made the one hour flight back home with a grand parent. our reservations were all for four people but we were only three. non of the restaurants said a word about our party number being short one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!