Adoption Announcement Ideas

Sleepingbe1

Earning My Ears
We just adopted 2 children last month, ages 2 and 5, and haven't made an official announcement yet, but want to do it during our upcoming Disney trip the beginning of June. We have a few ideas, like making signs and holding them up while taking pictures with Mickey and Minnie or in front Cinderella castle. We just want to do something really special and what better place than Disney! I would like some ideas or recommendations you might have and to know if there's anything that's not allowed. There's still a lot of people who haven't heard the news yet and we want to make it an amazing experience. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Could you get Mickey ears embroidered with your last name for each of you and have your picture in front of the castle, one looking at the camera and one looking at the castle? Also, CONGRATS!

That sounds like a cute idea. Thanks:)

Does anyone know if they’ll allow signs? I’ve seen people do that for pregnancy announcements but we wanted to incorporate it into our character photo shoot with Mickey and Minnie at Magic Kingdom.

Does anyone know if they’ll allow signs? I’ve seen people do that for pregnancy announcements but we wanted to incorporate it into our character photo shoot with Mickey and Minnie at Magic Kingdom.

I don't think characters can hold signs? My friend had shirts made for her pregnancy announcement....shirts she forgot. It was the most hysterical announcement ever, like "there were supposed to be shirts and signs, but we were having too much fun, anyways we're pregnant"

Stop by guest services and get celebration buttons. They have blank ones and you could write something like "celebrating our new family". Take a picture of the button.

Last edited:
I say something adorable with shirts, in front of the castle, maybe printed on the back and looking at the camera?

Congratulations on your adoption!!!

We also just adopted a 5 year old and a 2 year old last month! And we will also be celebrating in Disney (but not until September). I am planning to have some matching/coordinating shirts made for us.

First off, congratulations!

Only other idea I can think of is maybe something by/in 'Ohana or with Stitch and posting something with the quote from the movie "Ohana means family Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

what about tshirts people are always making cute shirts for Disney you could put officially the daughter/son and the 2019 (2mickeysign19) and yours could be officially the mom/dad take your pic somewhere cool and use that pic.

Congratulations on your adoption!!!

We also just adopted a 5 year old and a 2 year old last month! And we will also be celebrating in Disney (but not until September). I am planning to have some matching/coordinating shirts made for us.

Thanks,Congrats to you too:)

First off, congratulations!

Only other idea I can think of is maybe something by/in 'Ohana or with Stitch and posting something with the quote from the movie "Ohana means family Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."
Thanks. My husband does love Stitch so that could definitely work:)

If they are your first, Ears that say "Mom" and "Dad" would be good. You can't go wrong whatever you choose, what a great announcement to have!

what about tshirts people are always making cute shirts for Disney you could put officially the daughter/son and the 2019 (2mickeysign19) and yours could be officially the mom/dad take your pic somewhere cool and use that pic.

We are doing Officially shirts with a Nemo theme,but I love the idea of using Mickey in the 2019. We're actually going to plan on doing signs since people have hundreds posted online with pregnancy announcements and many with characters so hopefully it won't be an issue.

When we did the Disney Visa cardholder photo thing, they did. Mine was just a "Hi ___ & ___ !" sign because I wanted to send a pic to a friend's kids of one of their favorite characters, but you could do something like "First vacation as a forever family!"

Oh, you're making them wait to know they have their forever family? Or do the kids already know? I just can't see them having to wait to know they're not going anyplace else, KWIM?

If the kids already know, I like Wild4Walt's suggestion - it gave me goosebumps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter