Adding travel insurance with Disney Cruise Line OR getting it with an travel insurance company

Kevin O'Brien

Mouseketeer
Disney cruise line do travel insurance these are the things to remember are they only offer cover for the cruise itself not pre/post cruise plans even if you got a reservation for Land & Sea vacation package via Disney Cruise Line.
Good thing about getting it with Disney Cruise Line is that it probably has cover for cabin confinement, dress loss, dress hire and missed ports but not missed ports including Castaway Cay as they normally have a Castaway Cay themed on the ship if unable to dock.

Getting travel insurance with an insurance company with cruise cover including cruise interruption is probably better because you can choose geographical area or list countries you are visiting including departure port and post cruise port. You also more likely have cover for flight delay. If you are doing a Europe cruise and getting a flight to Austria for skiing before or after your cruise you can get cover for winter sports. You can have insurance for gadgets while on your cruise vacation.

I’ve done it both ways and when I got COVID onboard and was confined, my claims were paid within about 5 days after getting home. Another time we had our own insurance and it took 2 months. After 25 cruises on Disney ships, I get the DCL offered insurance for the cruise and flight insurance from outside companies. I may be wrong but it seemed to me that things went way more smoothly with the DCL insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter