Adding picture to profile

I've been on these boards for a year now and still cannot get a new pic to load. I have a few posts under my belt for sure. This is frustrating.

It appears you have just 10 posts. The old software had stock avatars available immediately but the boards transitioned to different software this past winter and posters now need to have 10 posts (plus maybe a 30-60 minute lag after the 10th post) before you may upload an avatar. You should be all set now.

10 posts seem to be the magic number to unlock a lot of things on these boards. Thanks!

So glad this was posted. I was trying everything to upload a picture and nothing would work. Guess I have to get to 10 posts

This is my first post thanks for the info I've been trying to add a pic for a few days! Now I know I need 9 more posts!

When I try to use a photo for my avatar, I get a message saying it is too big. I don't know how to make a photo smaller. I have a MAC. How do I make a photo the right size for an avatar ?

When I try to use a photo for my avatar, I get a message saying it is too big. I don't know how to make a photo smaller. I have a MAC. How do I make a photo the right size for an avatar ?
I resize my pictures using Paint. You can also use Windows Photo Gallery to resize. Don't know if those work on MAC or not. But, there should be some picture program that works for you. Most of them have the "resize" option.

Picture size to post here has to be smaller than 1MB.

Also, currently, DISboards is having issues with photos/images.

OK, I have a sweetheart of a husband. He looked it up, here's what you do:

double click the image. It opens in "preview". Click "Tools" then "adjust size" in the menu bar.

Oh, one more thing, unlike the main board posts (where you can drag and drop or copy and paste a photo) the avatar and signature windows seem to require a photo hosting site IMG code for adding photos.

Last edited:
OK, enough now!!! When I click on my avatar, it's my "new" one. But, the little avatar on the main page showing that I've posted on that thread is my "old". The latest is, when I actually open that thread, all my posts and the reply box are displaying my "old" avatar.

I have no permission to perform the action when I want to change the avatar.

Thank you Princess Shmoo and your sweetheart. As you can see, your advice worked.

I too couldn't figure out how to add a picture to this thing, I'll see in a minute but I think I just added it to my "info" oops. Now I know that I need to begin posting, so consider this my number 1 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!