Adding guest to Cinderella Royal Table ADR?

b52hbuff

Mouseketeer
I am trying to book a party of five (all in my family and accounted for in MDX) for CRT during Christmas. The only reservation I could secure was for four. I tried calling WDW-DINE to see if they could manually add the fifth member, but they couldn't.

So how strict is the actual venue with reserved party count? If we reserve for four and show up with five, do you think they'll squeeze us in, or will they only let four of us in?

I am trying to book a party of five (all in my family and accounted for in MDX) for CRT during Christmas. The only reservation I could secure was for four.
1. I tried calling WDW-DINE to see if they could manually add the fifth member, but they couldn't.

2. So how strict is the actual venue with reserved party count? If we reserve for four and show up with five, do you think they'll squeeze us in, or will they only let four of us in?
1. Dining reservations phone castmembers see the same availability as someone looking online so if there's no reservation for 5, they cannot add another person.

2. If you are going during Christmas they could be very strict since it is a very busy time and CRT will be fully booked . It is very possible they will only let four of you dine since CRT is on the second floor so they have to follow safety and fire code regulations - exit routes/room capacity in case of an emergency. Also, going from a party of four to five you will need a larger sized table because they won't add another chair to a four top which could block servers and princesses as they walk around the room and impede exit routes.

Between now and Christmas keep checking online for a reservation for all of you. Alternatively, you could look for a second reservation for one person at the same time as your reservation. When you check in you can ask the host/hostess to be seated together, but there is no guarantee. They will do their best, but it will depend on two adjacent tables becoming available at the same time. At a busy time like Christmas it might not be possible and you could end up at separate tables on opposite sides of the room. Besides checking online, you can subscribe to the cancellation thread for December at the top of this board. Many have had luck with the Touring Plans reservation finder. Since CRT is a fully prepaid meal, people will cancel if they change their plans.

Showing up with an extra person is a last resort, especially at Christmas and at a very popular restaurant. If you do this, be prepared for one person to have to go elsewhere to eat.

It's one of the most restrictive you'll find.

The problem is that so many of the tables in the restaurant only seat 4. That's what you reserved and they cannot just add a extra chair to the end of the table (especially with the characters moving through).

You can always ask when you arrive. Maybe a party of 5 or 6 showed up ahead of you with only 4 people and they were moved to a smaller table. Keep in mind though that since this is a prepaid meal, that's not as common as it is at other restaurants.

My friend tried very hard to get her 2 daughters in with her and her husband for her 25th anniversary meal there. The girls ended up eating elsewhere.

You might try touring plans to get another ADR. It's free which is nice. I used it and got the BOG ADR I wanted. You'll need to be able to jump online as soon as you get the text message because the same message goes out to everyone else wanting an ADR at that time.

This is one of the few restaurants in WDW where there is NO flexibility
It is a very crowded space and every table is filled to the max. Plus ADRs are paid in advance.
So my advice would be keep trying by using a reservation finder as well as looking yourself.
It's a really tough nut to crack. You may need to look elsewhere.
Other restaurants, due to size and seating capacity are able to be more flexible.

Another tip that I have heard to try is to see if you can get 2 different reservations close to the same time for 2 and 3 as the majority of the tables in any place to eat tend to be 2 and 4 seats ( if you don't believe me even go check out a Denny's or I Hop, or Applebees, or even Olive Garden and count what percentage of tables seat 2 or 4 people vs those that seat more than that and I would guess that it is close to 85%). I would not do this if you don't have at least 2 adults so that there is one at each table in case you are on opposite sides of the room.

Thanks for your replies. Just to close the loop, I made a reservation for one at BoG. I wanted to share because the MDX app wasn't smart enough to incorporate the number of guests in my reservation and it saw the BoG reservation as conflicting with my CRT reservation.

I ended up having to call WDW-DINE and having someone book the overlapping reservations.

I am going to suggest you go to guest relations when you arrive if you haven't been able to add the person. They can sometimes fix what others cannot.

We went to CRT last year. My husband insisted for the 6 months prior to the trip that he didn't want to go. I asked him repeatedly. Then - in the car driving to Florida - he suddenly wants to be added to the reservation. I checked the app - no. I called dining - no. When we arrived, we stopped by guest relations in Disney Springs - yes. I am not saying that they can make a seat appear, but they are a viable option.

I am going to suggest you go to guest relations when you arrive if you haven't been able to add the person. They can sometimes fix what others cannot.

We went to CRT last year. My husband insisted for the 6 months prior to the trip that he didn't want to go. I asked him repeatedly. Then - in the car driving to Florida - he suddenly wants to be added to the reservation. I checked the app - no. I called dining - no. When we arrived, we stopped by guest relations in Disney Springs - yes. I am not saying that they can make a seat appear, but they are a viable option.
They could probably do that if she was going from a party of 3 to a party of 4. But with them wanting to go from 4 to 5 it's going to be a it trickier. They can only "fix" it if there's a larger table available.

They could probably do that if she was going from a party of 3 to a party of 4. But with them wanting to go from 4 to 5 it's going to be a it trickier. They can only "fix" it if there's a larger table available.

Yes - but there could be a group of four who is sitting at a table for 6. It's not probable, but it is possible. I think that they "see" things like that when the app and the phone people don't. It's worth a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter