Adding gift cards to Iphones

Brad1041

Earning My Ears
With the mess of the new room charge policy and being unable to put gift cards or cash on my room account, I’m wondering if I buy gift cards can I add them to my kids IPhones. They would be less likely to lose their phone than a gift card that might be pulled out by accident when they access their pockets? I know I can go and pay my balance off every 4 days but I don’t want to deal this this new system. I’m just wondering if you can scan a gift card or have the numbers on your phone and use that in the parks without the physical card.

With the mess of the new room charge policy and being unable to put gift cards or cash on my room account, I’m wondering if I buy gift cards can I add them to my kids IPhones. They would be less likely to lose their phone than a gift card that might be pulled out by accident when they access their pockets? I know I can go and pay my balance off every 4 days but I don’t want to deal this this new system. I’m just wondering if you can scan a gift card or have the numbers on your phone and use that in the parks without the physical card.

As of November 2018, no. Not sure if anything has changed.

If you buy a egift card directly from Disney you should be able to add it to Apple Wallet. I have a gift card that was sent to me from doing a DVC tour via email and it had an option to load into my Apple Wallet. I basically open the "Pass" which is a bar code that then can be scanned at the register to pay. I should note that it is a "Pass" and doesn't function like paying with a Credit Card which is a tap and pay.

I use this one eGift card then transfer over more money (from other gift cards) using disneygiftcard.com. This allows me to buy Target gift cards (which while e-mail delivery can't be added must be direct form Disney) at discounts using my Red Card or physical ones for BJs Wholesale. You can add one eGift card onto multiple iPhones too.

I got a gift card, via email, in February for declining cleaning service. I just pulled it up in email on my phone and scanned it from there in the shop (in the UK pavilion in Epcot).

I got a gift card, via email, in February for declining cleaning service. I just pulled it up in email on my phone and scanned it from there in the shop (in the UK pavilion in Epcot).
Yeah any eGift card can work like that too I should have clarified that in my post too. It’s a good point.

Thanks, I think that's what I will do. Just buy a small e gift card and then add money from larger gift cards to that as needed using using disneygiftcard app or website . Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter