• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding Fantasmic to an Online ADR

doug65

Mouseketeer
Simple enough question: before I dial, is it even possible to add the Fantasmic package to an ADR I've already made online? I have the conf number.

Second related question, not so simple: it's for the evening of Sunday 8/29, are crowds for Fantasmic really going to be that big of a deal?

Simple enough question: before I dial, is it even possible to add the Fantasmic package to an ADR I've already made online? I have the conf number.

Hi Doug,

No. The Fantasmic packages are different from the standard restaurant ADRs in a few ways - for one thing, they require a Credit Card guarantee where the regular non-fantasmic ressies do not. They also are limited as to the seating times, and the number of tables allotted. So, you'd need to find availability for the Fantasmic package, which may or more likely may not duplicate the date and time you already have, but it would be taken from a different pool of tables.

for the evening of Sunday 8/29, are crowds for Fantasmic really going to be that big of a deal?

I can't speak to the crowds, but I can tell you this: The amphitheater fills up from the top, so if you wait forever to get front row seats & sit way down front, you will also be waiting to exit the theater when the show is over. It is also a very BIG show, so with the smoke and holograms and stuff, IMO a back row seat is not so terrible.
Having said that, I have not attended since the number of weekly shows was reduced, and it may be way more in demand than the last time I went, which was over a year ago, and we slipped in close to show time when they make everybody push together, and we loved getting right out when it was over. If you don't get a Fantasmic dining package, you may want to monitor these boards for reports of attendance in late July or early August to see how it is in the summer.

Hope this helps and have fun planning!

:banana:

How does the Fantasmic Dinner Package work? Can it be used as a DDP credit? We asked our TA to book this for our late August trip, as our 4year old has never seen this show. What are the seats like? Thanks!

Second related question, not so simple: it's for the evening of Sunday 8/29, are crowds for Fantasmic really going to be that big of a deal?

It can't hurt to call and find out. They may have to cancel and rebook you but if it's available it shouldn't be a problem. We tried this and unfortunately Fantasmic wasn't yet scheduled for the night we booked. But the CM didn't seem to have a problem looking for us.

It can't hurt to call and find out. They may have to cancel and rebook you but if it's available it shouldn't be a problem. We tried this and unfortunately Fantasmic wasn't yet scheduled for the night we booked. But the CM didn't seem to have a problem looking for us.

I just called. Disney Dining claims my ADR was cancelled. So, I now have a 4PM with Fantasmic. I'm really wondering...that night's a scheduled EMH for MK. Although...this is one of only two Fantasmic shows this week. Then again, the last time I did this it was June and although our seating time was 4:30, we didn't get seated until almost 6pm.

Screw it, we'll eat an early lunch and late night snacks are fun.

The objective answer to this is: If you have an online ADR to a Fantasmic-package eligible restaurant, you CAN call and add the Fantasmic package to the ADR...provided of course, that they haven't mysteriously cancelled it.

How does the Fantasmic Dinner Package work? Can it be used as a DDP credit? We asked our TA to book this for our late August trip, as our 4year old has never seen this show. What are the seats like? Thanks!

Your logistics questions can best be answered here: http://allears.net/din/fantdin1.htm

The perk is that you (allegedly) don't have to wait in line for over an hour. The seating is metal bleachers in an amphitheater that seats approximately 10,000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter