Adding Dining Plan to Room Only - Discount?

olafgypsy

Mouseketeer
I want to add the dining plan to my room-only reservation, which I booked at a promotional rate of 25% off. I believe this is possible by requesting to convert to a package. However, when I search again for the room type I booked it is no longer available for “this offer.” Does that mean if I convert to a package I will lose my room-only discount?

(I already have tickets.)

You need to call to make it a ticketless package. You couldn't book it online even if the room/discount was still available. Only AP rates can add the dining plan when booking online.

You need to call to make it a ticketless package. You couldn't book it online even if the room/discount was still available. Only AP rates can add the dining plan when booking online.
Oh -- yes -- I know I have to call. I guess I should be clearer that what I'm wondering is whether the reservation agent would even be able to do this, if the room is no longer available at the discount.

Oh -- yes -- I know I have to call. I guess I should be clearer that what I'm wondering is whether the reservation agent would even be able to do this, if the room is no longer available at the discount.

Oh gotcha! Yes! Since you already have the room with the discount, they will be able to switch it to a ticketless package with the same discount. I did it this past October. The agent had to cancel the room only and rebook the package, but the room rate did not change. You can ask the agent to confirm before you have them change it just to be sure.

Oh gotcha! Yes! Since you already have the room with the discount, they will be able to switch it to a ticketless package with the same discount. I did it this past October. The agent had to cancel the room only and rebook the package, but the room rate did not change. You can ask the agent to confirm before you have them change it just to be sure.

Cool! Thank you. That makes me feel better :cool1:

I just did this same thing. I just had to pay the package deposit and wait for the room refund, even though it was a wash on the cost.

I had an AP room only reservation, and called 6 days before our trip began. The 1st CM tried to tell me that I would have to pay rack rate and it would be well over $1000 more than it should be for my DD and I. I told her no thank you that we only needed the DxDP added to the room. She didn't know how to do it. Long story short, I called back and the next CM was able to add it and make it a package before cancelling my room only reservation.

I had an AP room only reservation, and called 6 days before our trip began. The 1st CM tried to tell me that I would have to pay rack rate and it would be well over $1000 more than it should be for my DD and I. I told her no thank you that we only needed the DxDP added to the room. She didn't know how to do it. Long story short, I called back and the next CM was able to add it and make it a package before cancelling my room only reservation.
Fingers crossed I get the SECOND CM on my first try.....

Update: I did get the more knowledgeable CM on my first try! Well actually, I got Crush from Finding Nemo, although he said his name was Jackson :) But he knew exactly what to do, which did involve having guest services recreate the booking from scratch since neither the resort room categories nor discounts were still available, then canceling the old room-only reservations and refunding deposits, then taking new deposits. Even got a bit of pixie dust as the guest services CM applied the past guest mailed PIN discount to both reservations when previously it had been two different discounts on the two different resorts, likely by mistake but as Jackson/Crush said.....we’ll take it!

Update: I did get the more knowledgeable CM on my first try! Well actually, I got Crush from Finding Nemo, although he said his name was Jackson :) But he knew exactly what to do, which did involve having guest services recreate the booking from scratch since neither the resort room categories nor discounts were still available, then canceling the old room-only reservations and refunding deposits, then taking new deposits. Even got a bit of pixie dust as the guest services CM applied the past guest mailed PIN discount to both reservations when previously it had been two different discounts on the two different resorts, likely by mistake but as Jackson/Crush said.....we’ll take it!
I’m not as lucky as you. I tried calling to add dining and was told my room discount(booked with pin code) is no longer available and I’d have to pay rack rate. It’s a difference of $200. So not a huge difference, but it would negate the cost savings of the DDP for me. It’s the weekend, so I’m going to give it a try on a week day to see if anything is different.

I’m not as lucky as you. I tried calling to add dining and was told my room discount(booked with pin code) is no longer available and I’d have to pay rack rate. It’s a difference of $200. So not a huge difference, but it would negate the cost savings of the DDP for me. It’s the weekend, so I’m going to give it a try on a week day to see if anything is different.

Definitely try again. I just had to do this a few weeks ago. It was no big deal to change it over. Just had to do a new package deposit.

They are wrong. Please call back and ask for Guest Services.

The situation is that you are adding the DDP to an existing reservation, which is allowed up to 48 hr prior to checkin. Their policy. ZERO to do with room availability, expired promotions, or discounts.

However, due to the way the system handles reservations between Disney Destinations and WDTC, GS/reservations has no choice but to rebuild the original discount into a new package.

They will cancel the room-only and refund your original one night deposit, then rebook a ticketless package and take a $200 deposit. All while retaining the original room discount.

Just be sure to have it priced out prior to calling. I’ve never had an issue.

Also, this causes your reservation number to change, so if you are utilizing DME, you will need to let them know.

HTH

They are wrong. Please call back and ask for Guest Services.

The situation is that you are adding the DDP to an existing reservation, which is allowed up to 48 hr prior to checkin. Their policy. ZERO to do with room availability, expired promotions, or discounts.

However, due to the way the system handles reservations between Disney Destinations and WDTC, GS/reservations has no choice but to rebuild the original discount into a new package.

They will cancel the room-only and refund your original one night deposit, then rebook a ticketless package and take a $200 deposit. All while retaining the original room discount.

Just be sure to have it priced out prior to calling. I’ve never had an issue.

Also, this causes your reservation number to change, so if you are utilizing DME, you will need to let them know.

HTH
I’m going to call tomorrow! :thanks:

Do I call the general number and ask for guest services? Or is there a specific number I need to call?

Last edited:
I’m going to call tomorrow! :thanks:

Do I call the general number and ask for guest services? Or is there a specific number I need to call?

I prefer dedicated lines, so I would use the number listed for PIN/UOC reservations 407-939-7875.

A reservation CM will either assist you by reaching out to GS themselves, or transferring you to GS directly. It’s typically at their discretion. Either way is fine, just calculate/know your total price ahead of time.

I prefer dedicated lines, so I would use the number listed for PIN/UOC reservations 407-939-7875.

A reservation CM will either assist you by reaching out to GS themselves, or transferring you to GS directly. It’s typically at their discretion. Either way is fine, just calculate/know your total price ahead of time.

I just called via the phone number you gave me and the CM knew exactly what to do. No issues at all. Thank you for your help! :love:

I am hoping to do the same thing for a one night stay. As it is one night,my room is already paid for, but I used a Disney gift card. I think I tossed the card (I know, that was a mistake!) will there be a problem with rebuilding reservation? (like they put the original payment back on a card I now can’t find.)

I am hoping to do the same thing for a one night stay. As it is one night,my room is already paid for, but I used a Disney gift card. I think I tossed the card (I know, that was a mistake!) will there be a problem with rebuilding reservation? (like they put the original payment back on a card I now can’t find.)
When they did mine, they did have to rebuild the package from scratch, and that involved canceling the existing reservation and re-booking it as a package, which did mean they had to refund the deposit to the card I used for it. Any chance you registered your gift card online?

When they did mine, they did have to rebuild the package from scratch, and that involved canceling the existing reservation and re-booking it as a package, which did mean they had to refund the deposit to the card I used for it. Any chance you registered your gift card online?
I did, but I have combined so many cards I had to delete the zero balance ones. Oh well, I have the dining plan for the 2nd part of my stay, so not the end of the world. When I priced out what we will spend on meals it equaled the dining plan, and we would get a few extra snacks with it. We will have plenty of snacks once our plan kicks in the following day!

I want to add the dining plan to my room-only reservation, which I booked at a promotional rate of 25% off. I believe this is possible by requesting to convert to a package. However, when I search again for the room type I booked it is no longer available for “this offer.” Does that mean if I convert to a package I will lose my room-only discount?

(I already have tickets.)

I did this yesterday. I had booked a 6 night SO room rate at Port Orleans Riverside for four at a total rate of $1,502.58 (standard view). I called yesterday to ask if I could add a QS dining plan even though the room no longer had availability. They said no problem, I received a new confirmation number and I had to deposit $200. The total came to $2,768.04 for six nights and quick service dining. Still trying to decide if it's a good deal to take.

I did this yesterday. I had booked a 6 night SO room rate at Port Orleans Riverside for four at a total rate of $1,502.58 (standard view). I called yesterday to ask if I could add a QS dining plan even though the room no longer had availability. They said no problem, I received a new confirmation number and I had to deposit $200. The total came to $2,768.04 for six nights and quick service dining. Still trying to decide if it's a good deal to take.

How many people are in your room and what ages? Looks like you're charged for 4 adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter