Adding Dining Plan to already booked package

blackpearl77

DIS Veteran
Hi! Debating on whether or not to get the dining plan. I already have a package booked. Can I add on a dining plan to it or is it too late? (We don't go until April). Thanks!

You have until 3 days before your trip to add dining to your reservation, I believe that if it's closer than 30 days to arrival you will need to pay for the dining plan in full when you add it.

Just an fyi, I called a week before our trip to add the dining plan and was told that if we added it, I would lose the discount we had. I was transferred to another department, maybe guest services? And they told me the same thing.

Just an fyi, I called a week before our trip to add the dining plan and was told that if we added it, I would lose the discount we had. I was transferred to another department, maybe guest services? And they told me the same thing.

What kind of discount do you have? Adding the dining plan to a room discount has never been a problem in the past.

It was a room only discount for the two nights before our package started. I felt like it was wrong but when she transferred me to wherever I was transferred to, he played around for a while and told me the same thing.
After you removed the discount the cost was way too much so we just didn't add it

It was a room only discount for the two nights before our package started. I felt like it was wrong but when she transferred me to wherever I was transferred to, he played around for a while and told me the same thing.
After you removed the discount the cost was way too much so we just didn't add it

That makes sense, because they would be changing your room-only to a package, basically cancelling your room reservation and rebooking. The discounts were probably not available for the new reservation.

If the DDP is something you really want, I think it's worth another call to see if a different CM will be able to do it. This has never been a problem before.

That makes sense, because they would be changing your room-only to a package, basically cancelling your room reservation and rebooking. The discounts were probably not available for the new reservation.

It's never worked that way. Even though the room only is becoming a package, I've never heard of someone being told they would lose their discount.

This is kind of how they explained it to me. I assumed it was just a matter of adding the dining plan but I guess their system isn't set up like that.
Our trip ended 3 weeks ago but I'm going to keep it in mind for future trips and add it right away if we want it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter