Adding days to old non-expiring tickets

iujen94

DIS Veteran
My sister has an old (2006) 7-day non-expiring ticket. Any idea if she'd be able to add one extra day to this ticket? Also, can this only be done at the park (she'd love to do it ahead of time so she can make FPs for the additional day)? And any clue how they would calculate what is owed for the additional day? Thanks so much!!

Disney no longer offers non-expiring tickets so they wouldn't add a day to the existing ticket. What they would do is give her a credit for that ticket's value, based on how many days remain on it, and apply that to a new ticket for the total number of days she wants. She would lose the non-expiring status though. That might not be an issue if she intends to use all of the days in one trip. She just needs to figure out which way would be cheaper for her. They can tell her that at a ticket window or Guest Services.

Disney only allowed modifying Magic Your Way tickets, even non-expiring ones, within the first 14 days of first use of the ticket. So, if the ticket has previously been used more than 14 days ago, then no, days cannot be added.

If it hasn't been used, as Steve says, they don't offer the non-expiring tickets any longer. For a while you could still add days according to the last price schedule, but I don't believe that to be the case. My assumption from the question is that if it was unused and you wanted to add an 8th day, you'd be planning a singular 8 day trip. Using the No Expire ticket in a single trip is a very bad value...that ticket was worth about $585 at the last price schedule I had, where a brand new 8-day ticket is $420, not including tax (or options). A No Expire ticket is best used over multiple trips.

And if you wanted to just apply the value of the ticket to another ticket, you need to choose a ticket of equal or greater value like an Annual Pass. (Edit: At 2006 prices, the cash price was probably a lot less, so it could potentially be applied to a new MYW ticket...)

At 2006 prices, the cash price was probably a lot less, so it could potentially be applied to a new MYW ticket.
That was my thought. Since the ticket is 11 years old, it didn't cost $585. It actually cost about $350, so that's probably the value that would get applied to a new ticket.

That was my thought. Since the ticket is 11 years old, it didn't cost $585. It actually cost about $350, so that's probably the value that would get applied to a new ticket.

Right, but in present day worth it is closer to $585, if used properly as a non-expiring ticket. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter