Adding days to Canadian Resident Ticket

StarSeven7

DIS Veteran
We have Canadian resident tickets that we're planning to use in January 2019 (we have the ones that don't expire in 2018). We bought 7 day passes but I'm wondering if anyone has added days onto their Canadian resident tickets and what the cost was. Would you have to pay the difference between the Canadian resident ticket and a regular ticket in order to add on an extra day? Also, can it be done in advance at all so you can book fastpasses for the extra day? Thanks!

From multiple reports, you need to pay the difference between the value of your Canadian resident tickets and the current price + the cost to add days. In short, you loose the special.

I don't think you can do it by phone but I might be wrong.

Or hold onto the ones you have for future use and pick up another set for your January trip this fall if/when they make the same ticket offer this fall in early Nov-ish.

Do you guys think they'll come out with that offer again? I figured it wouldn't be back again! That's an option though if they come out with the same deal. Although talking my hubby into that is another story! ;)

We have Canadian resident tickets that we're planning to use in January 2019 (we have the ones that don't expire in 2018). We bought 7 day passes but I'm wondering if anyone has added days onto their Canadian resident tickets and what the cost was. Would you have to pay the difference between the Canadian resident ticket and a regular ticket in order to add on an extra day? Also, can it be done in advance at all so you can book fastpasses for the extra day? Thanks!
I added 2 days to our trip in March. The Canadian resident deal hadn’t ended yet so I just paid the difference between the Can res 6 and 8 day tickets. I did it over the phone so could definitely call them and see what it would cost for you. I imagine now it would be the difference between your Can res ticket and a regular ticket?

I added 2 days to our trip in March. The Canadian resident deal hadn’t ended yet so I just paid the difference between the Can res 6 and 8 day tickets. I did it over the phone so could definitely call them and see what it would cost for you. I imagine now it would be the difference between your Can res ticket and a regular ticket?
Which would probably be an increase of $100....so definitely not worth it! Last year I upgraded from 7 days to 8 and it was only $8! ;) But yes, I should call and see what they say!

Do you guys think they'll come out with that offer again? I figured it wouldn't be back again! That's an option though if they come out with the same deal. Although talking my hubby into that is another story! ;)

That is the question, isn't it? My gut feeling, and my gut has been wrong before, is that we will likely see the Canadian ticket offer again. Our dollar is down some, so Canadians need a bit of a push to book a trip and there has been a bit of chatter online about folks delaying trips until after Star Wars opens at HS, suggesting that Disney needs to fill rooms. The first time it was offered, the tickets did not have a shelf life, the second time they had to be used by the end of 2018, maybe this time it'll be even more restrictive. Perhaps for just the first part of 2019? We'll just have to wait and see.

Which would probably be an increase of $100....so definitely not worth it! Last year I upgraded from 7 days to 8 and it was only $8! ;) But yes, I should call and see what they say!
Yes it’ll probably be a pretty considerable difference in price with the can res discount gone. :guilty: I think only paid a difference of about $70 total to add 2 days to 3 tickets with the discount.

Yes, you have to pay the difference between the CAD deal and current regular price. Reason is the CAD deal is no longer in their system so they can't see what the price was.
I tried to just add the park hopper option to ours and it wasn't just the $50., it was the difference between CAD price for non-hop and US hopper - can't remember cost but it was a lot!

Yes, you have to pay the difference between the CAD deal and current regular price. Reason is the CAD deal is no longer in their system so they can't see what the price was.
I tried to just add the park hopper option to ours and it wasn't just the $50., it was the difference between CAD price for non-hop and US hopper - can't remember cost but it was a lot!
That's brutal! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter