Adding a night

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
If I have two stays RO and a package at the same hotel, 1 night followed by 7 what are the chances they are going to make me move rooms? (Same ro category)

I can save a few bucks by going to a different hotel so if the chances aren’t good that I will keep the same room I’ll do that instead. Price goes up a lot to rebook the reservation due to ticket changes.

I know nothing is guaranteed but is it likely I won’t need to move, assuming if I will need to move they will let me know at check in?

If I have two stays RO and a package at the same hotel, 1 night followed by 7 what are the chances they are going to make me move rooms? (Same ro category)

I can save a few bucks by going to a different hotel so if the chances aren’t good that I will keep the same room I’ll do that instead. Price goes up a lot to rebook the reservation due to ticket changes.

I know nothing is guaranteed but is it likely I won’t need to move, assuming if I will need to move they will let me know at check in?
It is almost guaranteed you will have to mone. RO and Packages are 2 separate inventories.

Since they're the same room category your chances of not having to move are really good. It's in the resorts best interest that you stay in the same room. Turning over a room for a new guest takes housekeeping twice as long. We've been in your exact situation 8 times now and have never had to change rooms. Even with having 2 different room categories we were able to keep the same room 3 out of 5 times.

It is almost guaranteed you will have to mone. RO and Packages are 2 separate inventories.

Interesting.

Since they're the same room category your chances of not having to move are really good. It's in the resorts best interest that you stay in the same room. Turning over a room for a new guest takes housekeeping twice as long. We've been in your exact situation 8 times now and have never had to change rooms. Even with having 2 different room categories we were able to keep the same room 3 out of 5 times.

This sounds promising

There's only one inventory. Room Only and packages have 2 different reservation systems, which has no bearing on your situation. But only one inventory.

Thanks! I am tempted to chance it worst case I pack us up and we move. I just feel it’s less of a hastle if we don’t move hotels even if we move rooms. However would be even better if I don’t need to move rooms!

Call Disney reservations and have them link the reservations - they only have to reference them in the notes so should be OK that one res is room only and the other a package. Have them note the package as a "continuing reservation". As long as it's the same room category and the same lead name there is a good (but not guaranteed) chance you will not have to move, they should be able to let you know at the check in desk for that first night if the same room # has been assigned.

It's less housekeeping for them not to have to do a check out cleaning so the room assigners will try to keep the same room for you if possible, just can't know too far out what the availability is for doing that.

You WILL have to check out/check in again for the package stay on that next morning. Only one adult can go to the front desk for this, and just to cover all your bases take everyone's MBs with you so they can be coded for the new reservation. We go only to the front desk and don't rely on the online check in for this since we've had 50/50 luck with someone's MB not opening the door lock for the subsequent stay. We have also found that housekeeping rarely gets the message, often they are knocking on the door asking when we are checking out as that's all they see on their list. We find the housekeeper in the hall (or wait until they knock) to let them know we are staying in the same room for the next week or whatever it is.

Done this several times, very rarely have had to move rooms.

Haven't continued a room only and package reservation, only room only, but thanks to Disney's (sometimes idiotic) booking availability algorithms we've had a few recent trips where we had two separate back-to-back room only reservations with the same room type/view category. Have been able to stay in the same room each time. Of course, YMMV.

Last edited:
We've had back-to-back reservations for the same resort/same room category a few times and have never had to move. I would go to the front desk on your first check-in day to let them know you have a continuing reservation so they are aware of the situation.

I'd say your chances of being in the same room for the entire stay are very good. Be sure that your reservations are linked and talk to somebody at the front desk when you arrive to verify that.

That may be but I'm going to disagree that they'll almost positively have to move
Room types are room types though, even if it's from different pools
Disney doesn't want to have to clean rooms they don't have to
If OP tells them as soon as possible they are the same guest and tells them upon arrival they are the same guest if it's at all possible Disney will keep them in the same room.
It is to no one's advantage to make them move rooms. It only annoys the guest and costs Disney more to clean a room for turn over.
They key is letting Disney know as far in advance as possible so they can be ready when they start the great game of room tetris that they want to keep Guest S in their room both stays. Type of stay won't have to matter

That may be but I'm going to disagree that they'll almost positively have to move
Room types are room types though, even if it's from different pools
Disney doesn't want to have to clean rooms they don't have to
If OP tells them as soon as possible they are the same guest and tells them upon arrival they are the same guest if it's at all possible Disney will keep them in the same room.
It is to no one's advantage to make them move rooms. It only annoys the guest and costs Disney more to clean a room for turn over.
They key is letting Disney know as far in advance as possible so they can be ready when they start the great game of room tetris that they want to keep Guest S in their room both stays. Type of stay won't have to matter

Haven’t officially added the RO night yet, but trip isn’t till August will book the RO by March the latest and call and notify them. Hopefully that’s plenty of time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter