Adding a night after free dining reservation, can we keep our room?

sbd78

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are booked for a week at CBR in July under the free dining promotion. We are considering adding a room only night at the end of our reservation. If we book the same room type, are the odds pretty good we won't have to switch rooms? I realize nothing is guaranteed, but I'd much rather not have to pack up our stuff and move for 1 night. TIA!

Odds should be good if you can book the same room type. Just make sure you tell the front desk when you check in....

Free dining usually lasts for the length of your stay. Did you call to see if you could amend your reservation to add a day?

Free dining usually lasts for the length of your stay. Did you call to see if you could amend your reservation to add a day?
I did call and try to add a day before the free dining booking window ended and there was nothing available. I'm assuming I can't now since the booking window ended?

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. At our last stay at AKL we were having such a great time that we decided to see if we could stay an additional two nights. They let us stay in the same room at the same discounted rate we had paid. Of course we were already at the resort and were prepared if they said no, so I'm not sure how they handle it in advance.

I did call and try to add a day before the free dining booking window ended and there was nothing available. I'm assuming I can't now since the booking window ended?

Even though the booking window is closed, you can still modify as long as there's availability for your dates with that additional night. I'd keep checking as things do sometimes change. With that said, if you do end up booking RO for that last night (the same room type as the package), I would have the reservations linked with a request noted to keep the same room. When you check in for the package, tell the CM you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. It's not guaranteed you won't have to move, but they will do everything they can to accommodate your request. Good luck!

The answer to your initial question is “maybe”. Let them know at check in, maybe let the front desk know (stop by to chat) midway through your stay, and even the afternoon of the last package day. I’m sure they’ll try their best, but at this point it’s still maybe.

Thanks for all the replies. So I did end up booking a room only under the Sun and Fun discount for 1 night after our free dining reservation. They are both the same room type and both linked in my MDE account. Is there anything else I need to do to link these two reservations to increase my chances of staying in the same room? Can I link them together or are they already linked since they are both in MDE? TIA.

Thanks for all the replies. So I did end up booking a room only under the Sun and Fun discount for 1 night after our free dining reservation. They are both the same room type and both linked in my MDE account. Is there anything else I need to do to link these two reservations to increase my chances of staying in the same room? Can I link them together or are they already linked since they are both in MDE? TIA.

There is nothing else you can do to link the reservations. When you arrive for your first stay, simply go to the front desk and let them know you have booked this 1-night reservation and that you would like to stay in the same room, if possible. On your check-out/check-in day, I would just go to the desk ASAP and see if they've assigned you the same room. That's what we did when we had a similar situation at BC and we were allowed to stay in the same room.

Is there anything else I need to do to link these two reservations to increase my chances of staying in the same room?

Yes. Call the Main Reservations line and ask the CM to link them as "continuous stay". It's still not guaranteed, but it will up your chances of being able to stay in the same room. Also definitely ask when you first check in if you'll be able to stay in the same room like @DisneyWishes14 suggested.

Can I link them together or are they already linked since they are both in MDE? TIA.

Having a CM link them in the reservation system is different than having them linked in MDE.

Yes. Call the Main Reservations line and ask the CM to link them as "continuous stay". It's still not guaranteed, but it will up your chances of being able to stay in the same room. Also definitely ask when you first check in if you'll be able to stay in the same room like @DisneyWishes14 suggested.

Having a CM link them in the reservation system is different than having them linked in MDE.
Very helpful, thank you! I will definitely call and have them linked as a continuous stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!